Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday x2

The sun is shining in the windows as I write this, & it makes me HAPPY!!!
Happy because I KNOW there is still snow COVERING my yard, so I don't even have to worry about doing yard work!!!
Bring on the SUN as long as the SNOW STAYS!!!!
Anyways, that is NOT what this post is about ...
For 2 Sundays now I have been all by myself.
To me, that is my worst FEAR!
Sundays are ALWAYS full of chaotic mornings and chaotic meetings!
Not to be negative, but I do have 3 young children who demand alot!
{especially my younger 2!!!!}
Well, I am proud to say that my Sunday mornings have NOT been as chaotic as usual these last 2 weeks ... WHY??? you may ask ... IDK!!!
It's kinda funny/interesting at the same time!
I haven't gotten up any earlier, and I haven't gone without showering either week.
Hmmmm ... a bit STRANGE!!
Last Sunday I talked to my 2 oldest, A TON, and explained they needed to be EXTRA good for me cause I was all by myself ... & they were really good!
Kye has gotten a nap both weeks before church and I KNOW that has helped him be more pleasant during church.
Last week was almost too good to be true, so I KNEW this week was going to be harder.
And HARDER it was!!
After sitting in our seats for only 5 minutes I had all 3 kids CRYING!!!!
AHHHHHHH ...
Needless to say it was a L.O.N.G Sacrament meeting!
But once Zachary went to Nursery and Emma went to Primary life wasn't so bad.
Kye made it through the rest of church pretty easily.
{with only 1 crying spell because he shoved a colored pencil down his throat}
I think these last 2 weeks I have heard more of the lessons/talks then I have in 4 years!!!!
& boy did EVERY word spoken or sang apply to me & I truly needed to hear it!
I know it's not a coincidence that I have gotten to listen to so much of church, but I do know how much it has blessed my life & has made me realize how much I'm known by my Heavenly Father!!!
---
Now all my kids are blissfully sleeping and I'm enjoying my NEW Sammie Favorite ---
Turkey, Mozzie Cheese, Sprouts, and Shredded Carrots ... YUMMMMMM!
I LOVE SAMMIES!!!
Hope you have a Happy Sunday!!!

3 comments:

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Sprouts? You are sick and wrong! Luis would like it though...they make great appetizers:)

Jamie Lamb said...

Good for you making it through 2 Sundays by yourself! It is not easy at all! I think the Lord blesses me with extra patience every Sunday as I wrestle all 3 of mine by myself. We always seem to make it through even when the middle child throws a fit every week about going to church.

Anonymous said...

That sandwich looks so good! I'm pretty sure you should make me one when you come to my house next:)