Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{L}ife

So, these last few weeks have been CRAZY!
Alan got offered a "job" with a company to do a job for them in Spokan, WA about 3 weeks ago.
They only promised him this one job,
and they hoped that at some point they might be able to give him more work.
Well, he was supposed to start that next Monday and be gone for 6 weeks.
He hasn't left yet.
For some reason that job hasn't started yet, and we really haven't heard much about it since.
Well, this week comes along and he had work scheduled for this whole week.
Of course this other company calls Tuesdays and asks him to drive to Vegas for the weekend to help them unload a project and learn the ropes to doing the project in Spokan, cause they got that job for sure ... LET THE CRAZINESS begin!
Alan had to tell two different jobs he was leaving & they'd have to find other people to finish,
he had approximately 24hrs to make a decision about Vegas and be on the road ...
... ANNOYING!!! but that's life!
So this man left today for the weekend ---
:( SAD! :(
Before he left, amongst my crying/sobing he said,
"Don't focus on the fact I'm leaving, focus on the things you'll do to pass the time."
I told him I would just sit here in TEARS!!
{cause I am so MATURE about life!! hehehe}
To which he replied, "BE POSITIVE! Think of the things you LOVE and it will help you forget about the negative." & then he began to list off all the things in life that I LOVE and SHOULD be grateful for, so then that's all I COULD think about!
He always makes life seem like it's hunkey-dorey!
I guess that's one of the MANY reasons I married him!
He can change my mood in mili-seconds just by saying something!
---
I am so in {L}ove with this man!Thanks for putting me in a better mood
&
making me realize that I AM going to be okay while you're GONE!
---
Last night Alan had to bring home TONS of tool from 2 different jobs since he was leaving so SPUR of the moment.
Here's ALL the tools ...
... And here's the care he fit them ALL in!!!It was like one of those clown cars.
He just kept pulling TOOL, after TOOL, after TOOL outta there!
Kinda funny to watch, but I guess you had to be there!
---
On with other EXCITING news!!!
I am PROUD to report that so far I have kept up on one of my most DAUNTING New Year's Resolutions ...
THE LAUNDRY!Seeing these 2 baskets here means that all the clothes are CLEAN, FOLDED, & PUT AWAY!!
-WAHOO-
Life has been much happier cause I don't have to DIG through baskets of clean laundry to find THAT shirt that I want the kids to wear or THEY wanna wear!
---
It's so fun to watch Kye and Zach really start interacting.
Especially for the little while they are awake after we take Emma to Pre-School!
Most of the time they get along so well!
I hope they are always good buds and enjoy being BROTHERS!
---
This little guy has really CRACKED me up lately!
In MOST pictures he sticks out his tongue instead of SMILING ...
What a TURKEY!
I'm not sure what started this, but he sure does LOVE to do it!
Just pay attention in future pictures and I'm sure you'll "see the TONGUE"
He also asks AT LEAST ONCE a day,
"Mom, you LOVE your kids??"
To which I reply,
"I LOVE my kids!"
To which he then asks,
"You not mad at your kids??"
"No, I'm not mad at my kids."
{Does this mean that I am MAD too much?? I try REALLY hard not to be!}
He also asks about Dad's SCARY costume,
which I will have to post about another time!
It REALLY is SCARY!
I have told the kids I threw it away,
& I have FORBIDDEN Alan to put it on in their presence!!!!!
---
Wow, I am RAMBLING!!!
---
I guess if you are still reading you can look at the crafts I have been busy with ...
Here's the Valentine Garland I made in about 10
minutes.
It turned out CAA-UTE, but I don't really know how to decorate or where to put it, so there ya GO!
ANY SUGGESTIONS on where to put it???
{if you've been to my house}
Also, this is something I have wanted to post for a while, but kinda forgot about.
My bedroom PAINTING Project!
Here's the BEFORE/DURING:& AFTER:I'm not sure I LOVE the color of the headboard.
I kinda wanna paint it a cream color so it stands out from the wall more.
What do you think?
I have also flipped my bedspread upside-down & thinks it goes better with the room ...
DOES IT?
I have made some pillows too.
I'm trying to decide what colors I wanna ACCENT the room with. Not so sure about the Orange.
Maybe without the Bluey-gray I have going?
But I kinda like the other pillows MORE than the Orange one, so maybe the Orange will have to go!
What colors do YOU think I should go with???
Any and All suggestions would be nice ...
I am so indecisive!!!
Happy Weekend EVERYONE!
I WILL make it through it!!!!!!

3 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

Don't feel bad about Zach always asking about you being mad. I tell Phoebe to do things before daddy comes home and she asks, "is he gonna beat me?" Now, to my knowledge we have never implemented a beating on her or any other child, but she some how thinks we have and/or will.

Charisse said...

Sorry about the crazy/last minute leaving. That stinks. I know, you should totally come hang out with ME a lot to pass the time!!! Sounds fun huh?! Maybe you can help inspire me with an idea for pillows. (yeah, they are all just still hanging out unfinished...) Yours turned out way cute though! Love you Am!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I LOVE the orange pillow. It is the perfect "pop" of color. Without it, the room will be too drab. Don't take it out of the mix. Trust me. I'm a diva.