Sunday, February 20, 2011

Craftiness & The Bedroom Project

I don't get the chance to craft very often because, ummm, I HAVE KIDS! I am sure many of you understand. But I have been so inspired by MANY crafty websites and crafty shows, so I have been determined to "get my craft" on, especially while Alfie is away on business.
Which brings me to this shirt ---I LOVE everything about it! The turquoise color, the fit, the lightness of it, the way it looks on me ... EVERYTHING! If you have been around me, you have probably seen it on me a GAZILLION times!
Well, the first time I put it on it got caught on my belt buckle and a little hole formed.
Not THAT noticeable, but it was MY fault so I couldn't take it back, but it BUGGED me ... I still wore the shirt.
I decided that I was going to buy anther shirt the exact same color and cut-up the holey one and make something CUTE to go on the new one.
Sooooo, that's what I did ... I began to CUT circles outta the old shirt ---I then folded them in 3rds and formed this design on the new shirt ---& fell instantly in LOVE with the shirt all over again!
I wore it to church today and felt so FANCY in my comfy t-shirt ... GOTTA LOVE THAT!
After accomplishing that shirt I still had more circles and more shirt.
I knew turquiouse was one of the colors I wanted to accent my bedroom with, so I thought I'd make pillows for my bed & do that same "circle" conecpt on the pillows. Well, one random, sleepless night an epifimy came to my mind ... I would just buy turquoise pillow cases and sew the circles on to them ... GENIOUS!
I found the perfect pillow cases at Wal-mart and the crafting got started once again!Do you LIKEY???
i LOVE!!!!
Look at all the DARLING things I found for my bedroom mantle too!!!
My room is finally coming together & I really feel like I have a room worth showing off!!
It took 6 years to have a room I am totally in LOVE with, but I know I appreciate it more, plus my style is WAA--AY cuter than 6 years ago!!!
Look closely and you'll see my DARLING turquoise bird sitting on my mantle ...
See it??!!
I LOVE it ... almost as much as the shirt!!!
My kids call it "our pet bird"
That's as close to a pet they will get, & boy are they ENJOYING it!!!
I even bought an ADOREABLE cage for the bird ...The bird doesn't really show-up in the cage, & the cage doesn't fit on the mantle, that's why they sit in different areas of my room, but I love it!
This bird cage sits right above our TV in our room and everytime I watch TV I just smile at my ADOREABLE bird cage ... HAPPINESS!!!
{Now, don't judge me for having a TV in my room! There's nothing better than snuggling up in bed to watch a movie or a favorite TV show. I also LOVE watching the news right before bed or right when I wake up. It's MY room and I will ALWAYS have a TV in it}
FYI--- If you happen to be giving away a mustard yellow sweater, any size, PLEASE give it away to ME!! I really wanna make a mustard yellow sweater pillow for my bed!
Wouldn't that be DARLING!!!!
I will pay the shipping to have it sent to me, or I will gladly come pick it up!!!
:)
Also, that "circle" idea I did not come up with on my own, I saw it somewhere. It's always nice to copy other peoples CRAFTINESS! It makes my craftiness flow so much smoother!
HAPPY CRAFTING Y'All!!!!!!

7 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

Way cute! I love how your shirt turned out and the mantel looks great. Cory won't let me put anything up on out mini bed mantel because he worries there will be an earthquake and it will all fall on us and kill us in our sleep. It was all I could do to fight him and hange something pretty on the wall above our heads and he ike to remind me that that WHEN it falls on us it is all my fault.

Anonymous said...

Amber! It looks super cute! I totally understand catching the DIY crafty bug! I have it too. Spent too many hours last week on the blogs, now I have all these ideas running through my head and not enough time to do any of them! Keep the pics coming. I LOVE seeing your creations!!

The Suchers said...

Super cute on all scores, Amber! Well done!!

Charisse said...

Very cute! By the way, if you will refer to the pictures of the day we took the girls to the mall, you will see that you are very much wearing an orange colored shirt and not your cute turquoise one. Just so you know, that your WISER sister was right! ;)

Anonymous said...

I want cute pillows!!

Jamie Lamb said...

Good job on being crafty! That shirt is darling and so is your bedroom. Love it!

Krystal said...

Way to get your craft on. I love the shirt. Your bed room has turned out awsome!!! keep craftin on!