Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And SHE did it!!

A couple of weeks ago Charisse and I were talking about how BAAA---AD her girls wanted their ears pierced. Emma ALWAYS comments on everyone else's earrings and loves the stick on kind, so I thought she'd REALLY wanna get hers done. After the conversation with Charisse, I talked with Emma about it and she said she wanted to wait until she was older, but wanted to go with her cousins to get theirs done. As the date approached we talked a lot about it, and Emma said that she REALLY did wanna get her's done with Savannah and Michaela. I wasn't convinced that she would really do it, even once I had paid for it and all, but I was surprised!
Here's the BEFORE of all 3 girls:They all LOVED looking at all the GLAMOUROUS earrings!
{i LOVE how Savannah has her arm around Emma, what a SWEETHEART!}
Savannah went first, and while she was getting it done Emma said,
"Mom, I wanna go next ... Can I?"
I told her we'd see, cause I was sure once Savannah was done Emma wouldn't be so confident.
But, she wanted to STILL,
But we had talked before we even got there & she said that "she wanted me to HOLD her & then she knew she could be brave, just like Joseph Smith had his Dad hold him & then he was brave enough for an AWFUL leg surgery."
{we had a FHE lesson on it, & then they talked about it at Church a little while ago}
......
So I HELD her just like I promised I would!
She was a LITTLE un-sure.

I told her she didn't HAVE to do it, but she she said, "I want EARRINGS, so I'll be BRAVE!!"

She got to hold the germ infested stuffed animal to keep her company

{Had I thought about it I would've totally brought one of hers along cause she is so comforted by stuffed "pets" ... I detest the things, but still buy them cause she LOVES them SOOOO much!} And was BRAVE!!!

Look at that S-M-I-L-E ...I think she's in LOVE with EARRINGS now!

She has been really good about reminding me to clean them every morning and night. She hasn't even complained about them hurting except the one time her shirt got caught on one of them ... she's so BRAVE!

I complained more than she has when I got mine done 1 1/2 ago!!!

Here's the AFTER shot of the 3 DIVAS ...

Yes, Zachary wants to be JUST like his sister and was DEVASTATED that he couldn't get his ears pierced!! We had MANY, MANY, MANY talks leading up to this day about how Boys don't get their ears pierced!

He seemed ok with it, but still wanted to be in at least one of the AFTER pictures ... SILLY BOY!
Then we were invited to the Medico's for a PIZZA PARTY!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!

And PARTY it was!!!
Thanks for ALL the help with the other kids Mom, Dave, and Jason!
I know that Charisse and I couldn't have done it without the BIG HELPERS/ENTERTAINERS we had for the other kids!!!!!!
:)

2 comments:

Charisse said...

I totally cringed when she brought out that gross animal! If Lily is that little when she gets hers pierced, I will have to remember to bring my own!! Thanks for coming with us! It was such a fun night!

Lindsey said...

This picture of your mommakes me heart seriously swell...There is something about her I just LOVE!! P.S. Your kids are freaking adorable! Kye is getting so big and so cute!!