Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Life as I know it ...

I have had MANY people comment to me in the last lil' while about my blog.
They have talked about what a FUN life I must have & that it must be WONDERFUL to live at the Madsen's!
{or something similar}
I'm not going to say it's not WONDERFUL to live at the Madsen's ...
But I am here to tell ya, we aren't PERFECT!!!
{i know shocker}
We are:
just PERFECTLY in LOVE!!!

Now I know that may sound REALLY cheesy, but it's how I feel about life right now. We have been through MANY struggles in the last 2 years. Not easy at all, but things I wouldn't want to trade. We have our trials, struggles, difficulties, bad days, and heart breaks just like EVERYONE else! I just choose NOT to be public about them ... at least not very often!!!

Almost 2 years ago, our life of easy going came CrAsHiNg down!

{much like the economy}

It has NOT been easy sailing since then, but we are making it and LEARNING.

{isn't that what matters most!}

Alan IS the man of my dreams!!! He has PROVIDED for our family doing EVERYTHING and ANYTHING!!
I have such a greater & deeper respect for him because of the trials we have faced together ... I LOVE HIM, ETERNALLY!

Our family life is FUN .. YES, very fun!
Having fun together is what I LOVE to document, cause it's what I want to remember and it's what I strive for my kids to REMEMBER!!
I DO have bad days, but those days are put in prospective because I have KIDS!!
Kids are not easy, but as EVERYONE would agree ...
THEY ARE ALL WORTH THE EFFORT!
I wouldn't trade the days full of tantrums, sassy-ness, dis-obeying, frustration, moodiness, name calling, monday blue-ness, & whinning {amongst the many other things} for ANYTHING ... ANYTHING!!!
{I am writing this on a very GOOD day!!!}

Life is HARD!!!

I am not going to preach that it isn't ...

I have 3 kids who are YOUNG, I loose my patience.

But these 3 kids forgive me ... all the time!!!

It's hard to go all day without talking to another adult person,

and then have my husband rush home just to leave again to fulfill a calling ...
I do get upset in the moment, BUT in prospective I wouldn't want it
ANY OTHER WAY!!!

These kids are what my life is ALL about NOW!! They won't be young FOREVER ... At least that's what EVERYONE says!?!

Sometimes I feel like a SLAVE!!!

... Then I just realize I am their MOM!!

... and I really don't want them to GROW-UP!!!
We have had MANY things put into prospective for us through our job loss.
The only thing that really matters is OUR FAMILY!
That's what I strive to tell myself on the good days and the HARD days!I love 'em and want them
F.O.R.E.V.E.R.!!!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha ha found you! You and Alan are such an awesome example to me of perseverance and in turning lemons not just into lemonade, but into lemon filled cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles. :) You teach so much by example. You guys are great!