Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wowsie!!!

So this will be just a short little tid-bit, with no pictures ... sorry! I just was totally shocked today! It all started about a month ago when I took Emma's shot records into the school & found out that her 3rd hepatitis B shot was given 2 months too early. Thus, in order for her to start kindergarten she needed to have it re-given. Well, we qualify for insurance through Alan's company in the month of July, so I was trying to just wait until we had insurance again. All-in-all things just keep getting hung-up with getting insurance so I finally decided that I would just take her into the state clinic & have the shot re-given. I prepped her for the experience, but she was NOT happy about it. When she was 4 she got ALL her shots that she needed until she was in Jr. High. The dr. told her that & EVERY time I take the boys to get shots, she reminds me that she NO LONGER needs them. Well, that's what we thought at least. Needless to say I knew she would NOT be happy, but I can deal with kids getting shots ... I've done it OFTEN with 3 kids! So I woke her up early this morning to get the dreadful deed over with. We drove to the clinic & I told her if she was good we'd go get donuts together afterwards. We walked in, I gave them all the info, & we waited for them to call us back. Within just a few minutes they called us back. I could tell that Emma was REALLY nervous. The nurse got the shot all ready & asked Emma if she wanted to sit on my lap, or her own chair. She decided to sit on my lap. The minute the nurse got NEAR her Emma started to S-C-R-E-A-M!!! BLOODY MURDER SCREAMING to say the least. The nurse immediately turned & shut the door. I was trying to calm her down, but she just kept SCREAMING, "NO!!! I DON'T WANT ANYMORE SHOTS!!!" Holy Moly!! The nurse then got closeer & tried to just clean Emma's skin with the alcohol wipe & Emma pushed the lady across the room ... Ummmmmm --- MORTIFYING!!!! She was unconsoliable so I had to re-strain her while the nurse stuck her with the shot. Emma went BAZERKOID once they shot hit her arm. OMG --- even after the shot was over Emma was screaming so loud that I couldn't hear what the nurse was saying. She SCREAMED until the nurse opened the treasure box & asked her if she wanted something. WOW --- I knew it would be BAD, but had no idea it was going to be the WORST immunization I had EVER experienced!!!! Note to self: Don't take your kids to get immunization once they have been told they don't need anymore. It'll result in an embarassing situation! Needless to say we DID NOT go get donuts & that resulted in more crying, but nothing compared to what we had in the little clinic room!!!!!



UGH!!!!

2 comments:

SuZaNNe said...

I'm so sorry Amber! I just took Bryn to get her shots and it's NEVER a good experience ... Thanks for letting me read your blog! I'm happy we can stay in touch until maybe one day I can make it back to my house? Darn life! :)

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I don't blame Emma! I screamed too when I had to go get some shots. Luis had to hold me down. Poor girl.