Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dutch Oven Cooking 2011

I LOVE dutch oven cooking!! I mean LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

I have requested it from my Mom, MANY times!

Now I am full of GUILT for doing so!

Why?!??

Because it's so LABOR INTENSIVE!

You start the process 5 hrs. before you wanna eat

THEN, you have to stand over a BLAZING fire to be able to cook the potatoes & chicken.

OMG --- On a HOT day who wants to stand over a BLAZING fire???

I am FULL of guilt, but so aprreciative of Mommy for making this DIVINE food!Jennie, my Sis-in-law, made this fun drink that is layered ...

... Cool huh!!??!!Al & I made homemade vanilla ice cream ... Yumm-o!

Nothin' says summer like homemade ice cream churning ... at least to me!We had lots of fun with cousins, although Afton & Kye have a hard time SHARING their Grandma!Yes, there were water fights!

& yes, for some reason I was drug into the middle of it & SOAKED!Uncle Dennis was the soaker of ALL the CHILLIN'S!

Then it was time to clean-up ...Luckily I brought my "good helpers" to help with the clean-up process!
Otherwise it would've taken Grandma & Grandpa a LOT longer to get things back in order!


Love ya Babe!

Thanks for the extra clothing!

Otherwise I might've frozen to death!

Luckily he is always prepared in his work truck!!

Thanks for all the Yummy Food!!!

:)

1 comments:

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Luis and I are so jealous! He is always asking me when we are going to make our own dutch oven cooking:)