Saturday, June 25, 2011

A DAY ...

To prove that MY life is not full of glamour & wonderful Mommy Moments here's the DAY I DON'T WANNA REPEAT!

It was the First Day of Summer & I thought it'd be fun to have a POOL PARTY in our backyard to CELEBRATE!

After much complaining from the 2 oldest about not inviting ANYONE over, heaven forbid, I deemed we would NOT swim that day!

Instead we ran errands & boy were my kids TERRIBLE!!!

I ended up walking outta a store without my shopping cart, that had stuff in it!

Once we got home, & after lecturing about how we act in stores we ate lunch ...

... in the middle of me making lunch I had to go get ants off of Emma cause she sat in a pile of them & they were attacking her. This is what I came back in to ...


2 boys SHOVELING bananas in their mouths!

After lunch I thought it might be fun to make rice krispy treats with my kids ... NOT TODAY!

They whined & complained about the steps they did & didn't get to do ... Needless to say after about 3 minutes of starting this endeavour I sent them away & I finished them ALL BY MYSELF! After the rice kripy treats were done, they whined their HEADS off until I finally put them down for NAPS, which there was much protest & complaint about from EVERYONE!

I thought it would at least be a peaceful afternoon, but just as I was all relaxed my 2 oldest emerged from their rooms to get drinks & use the bathroom.

This was an hour & a half after I had layed them down ... Did they really sleep?!???

I had no idea, but seeing it was 3:30, I let them stay up.

They ended up fighting with each other until they had wokin' up Kye ... AHHHHH!!!!

The rest of the day proceeded with much GRUMPINESS from all!

As I was trying to finish up dinner for the fam, this is what happened ...

I was so frustrated & running behind that I merely just SHUT the door on this mess!

I left at 6:45pm for RS & left strict instructions for Daddy that I had no desire for these kids to be up once I got home!!!!

It was a terrible day!

This whole week hasn't been very charming to tell you the truth.

I have tried to do some fun things, but they just seem to BACKFIRE on me!!!

We did have SOME success at the Medico Swimming Party on Thurs. but for the most part this week is a WEEK I DON'T WANNA REMEMBER!!!!

See, I do have bad DAYS/WEEKS!!!!

Hopefully next week will be BETTER!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

I can sympathize I think Phoebe has gotten the child lock put on her door almost everyday at nap time because she is throwing a tantrum or just stinkin cones out every 5 minutes telling me she slept well already. She has thrown several tantrums that I make her go potty everyday.

Jamie Lamb said...

Raising kids is not easy! Keep up the good work mama!

Charisse said...

Sorry you've had a bad week. It's so hard when the kiddo's get in that mood. I've had many days where I am thrilled to leave daddy in charge because they were so awful! Hopefully this week will be better for ya!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I know exactly how you feel. I came home the other day to find Luis tearing up toilet paper ALL over the bathroom with his mouth stuffed with bananas. He's such a handful!