Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"P" Party

**PLEASE do not judge me for letting my 2-year old wear dress-ups in the previous post!!! It's really difficult to reason with a two year old when EVERYONE else can wear them and why he can't!!! He is ALL BOY ... BELIEVE ME!!!****
Last Wednesday was a PERFECT Mommy day for me!
BELIEVE me, most Wednesdays are NOT!
I have begun to H.A.T.E. Wednesdays because it means I have a FULL day with my kids ALL day/night because Alan has YM's.
Yes, I am kinda negative about it, but I have dealt with him being gone for YM's for 5 years now ... I know, I know --- better there then anywhere else, but it's still hard.
ANYWAYS, I didn't want to gripe ... so onto the PERFECT Mommy day ---
That day at pre-school Emma learned abou the letter "P"
When she gets home I try to spend some one on one time talking over what she learned and review a little.
After helping her, I talked with my MOMMY on the phone and learned it was National Popcorn Day ...
The wheels started turning ...
Since Daddy was having a "Pizza Party" at YM's and had to leave early ...
we would have one TOO!
We would have an all-out "P" party and re-inforce the learning that had gone on at pre-school!
INGENIOUS ... I think so!!!
So we got some YUMM-O {P}izza ...& had a {P}icnic on the floor while eating dinner ...
(yes, I TOTALLY splurged on {P}izza, but it was for a special night with my kids!!)Then we had fun {P}opping {P}opcorn together ...Well, Emma and Zachary had fun ...Kye was TERRIFIED by everything!
At one time he was sitting on the counter unsure of the loud sound, & then once the {P}opcorn started {P}opping out he backed himself right of the counter ... into my arms of course!
(I'm backin' up, backin' up, backin' up, cause my mommy taught me good) hehehe
Onto the {P}arty ...
we then got in our {P}ajamas and {P}racticed our {P}'s ---
on {P}urple {P}aper none-the-less!
Then we drew a {P}icture ...After our {P}ictures were finished we got to enjoy our lovely Carmel {P}opcorn together ...It was such a fabulous night together!!!
I treasure the small, random things I do with my kids that turn out to be {P}ricless Gems when all is said and done!
My kids now think we need to do that with EVERY letter Emma learns at {P}re-school ...
Maybe I set the bar TOO high ... :)

3 comments:

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

You're such a cute mommie! Poor Kye:) I loved the backin' up part though.

Grandma Susie said...

Sounds like a Pretty Popular Party!! But you're right, Amber....that's a PRETTY high bar:)

Charisse said...

That is so fun Amber!! I laughed pretty hard about Kye! (and now, I am going to be singing that song the rest of the day!!)