Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chrismtas Eve Festivities ---

I recently realized I never posted about our Chrismtas Eve ...
What a BUMMER because I LOVE Christmas Eve!
I realized this year why I LOVE it so much ...
It is still a wonderful holiday and you still have a holiday to look forward to the next day.
The anticipation of Christmas is always so exciting
{ESPECIALLY WITH KIDS}
And I just don't want the HOLIDAYS to be over with.
Anyways, here's what we did ...
---
It was just US this year, and it was fun to be together!!!
Kye was GROUCHY becuase he was teething ...He got 3, yep count 'em THREE, teeth between Christmas and New Year's
... UGH ...
That made for ONE GROUCHY KID who only wanted to be held.
Oh well, he got held, cause I am a SUCKER mom
and want to enjoy my baby ... They grow up SOOO fast!!!
---
Zachary loved to "HELP" me make all the different things for Dinner.
He is quite the helper in the kitchen because he always likes to be wherever I am!Emma helped set the FINE CHINA on the table.
It's so much fun to have older kids that love to be involved in the preparation.The finished table ... YES, my kids ate on my CHINA and we didn't have anything break!!!
--WAHOO!!!--Daddy got to cut the ham with our fancy electrical knife this year,
Can you feel the POWER??!!I made delicious rolls that turned out to look LOVELY on top
And taste YUMM-O!
{just don't look at the bottoms ... :)}
---
After Dinner we cleaned up and read the Chrismtas Story out of the Scriptures.
We usually act it out on Christmas Eve, but since we had already done it
TWICE earlier in the month my kids didn't want to.
They wanted to "READ the scriptures with Daddy."
{He always hands out treats when he reads the scriptures to them ...}
After reading the scriptures, we took a family photo by our LOVELY Christmas TreeIt took us a lil' bit to get the "BEST" picture, but I love my kids personalities and how they SHINE through in pictures!!!
Kye was promptly put to bed after this point.
---
My older two made reindeer food and sprinkled it all over the front lawn for Santa to "SEE" our house and the reindeer could be attracted to our "YUMMY" oats.

At this point in the night, we sang ALL the Children's Songbook Christmas Songs together,
Talked about why we celebrate Christmas,
and All the fun things we've gotten to do as a family this past year.
It was fun to reflect with my little ones and hear what they thought was
"FUN!!"
We put our kids to be to have MAGICAL dreams ...
AND they drifted right off to dreamland!
It was a simple Chrismtas Eve, but memorable!!!
-
-
-
{Luckily Santa didn't mind that we FORGOT to put out Milk and Cookies!!!}

1 comments:

Andrew and Heather said...

Glad to know my child wasn't the only one that got 3 new teeth those same two weeks!