Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Drindgerbread" Houses

I haven't ever made houses for my kids to decorate, so this was the year to make them. My kids watched Al and I make the houses in the morning, and were thrilled to know that's what we'd be making for FHE that night. After dinner was put away, Zachary just kept wondering when the houses were coming out ... I loved the way he said the name too ... DRINGERBREAD houses here we COME!!!You can tell that Zachary watches his Daddy work around the house and has that same work mentality ... especially when it comes to building things.
Emma has an Artsy side to her and loved "decorating" her home.

Kye loved the fact that all this candy was placed right within his reach!

He LOVES to smear things all over EVERYWHERE!


Alan built himself a "Special" house that ended up looking like a BARN.
He wasn't much for decorating & either was I ... You can see my UN-Decorated house next to the "Barn" and that's how it stayed. I was too busy squeezing icing onto everyone elese's house to care to do mine.
It was a fun activity that hopefully we can carry on for years to come.
I don't think my kids would let me NOT do this again, they loved it way too much!

0 comments: