Wednesday, October 5, 2011

To Grandmother's House we go ... Part 3

Saturday morning we woke-up to a stormy day, but that didn't damper our plans! We still headed up the muddy, washed out trail up to Mirror Lake. The drive up the road was a little crazy & although we were told by someone coming down the our car wouldn't make it ... by golly miss molly WE DID!!!

{my husband is one amazing car driver!}

It was a BEAUTIFUL lake!!!{side note: when my Grandparents were younger the town would put glass over this lake & they would have dances over the lake ... how much F-U-N would that be??!!! I wanna DANCE with my sweetie over the lake!!!!}

We had fun exploring & kiking around the lake!!Zachary's favorite part was THROWING rocks!Emma's favorite part was collecting a bouquet of flowers!Alan's favorite part was finding this rope swing & goofing around on it!Emma brought her lovely bouquet back & gave it to Great Grandma ... sOOOOO SWEET!The rest of the day was full of a nice run with my hubby, naps, & picutres taken by my All-Star brother!!!!

That night we broke out the fire again & roasted hot dogs ...& Mishell-o's!LIFE IS GOOD on the FARM!

The next morning we made HOT CHOCOLATE with Mishell-o's, & BIG DUTCH BABIES.We visited some more with Great Grandma.Explored the outdoors!Picked more FLOWERS ... I bet you can guess who picked these!!??!!Sang Primary Songs for Great Grandma.GOOFED around!Spent some good 'ol fashion bonding time with EVERYONE!Did some service for Great Grandma ...




With such B-I-G helpers!Ate YUMM-O Burger King ---And said our GOODBYES!It was such a fun weekend!!!

I'm so glad we were able to make it up there as a family!

I'm glad my kids have gotten to know my GRANDMA so well!!!

I'm so thankful to have gotten to do so many things while we were there!!!

I LOVE STAR VALLEY & can't wait to visit again!

{did ya hear that they are building a temple in Star Valley, Wyoming??? Yep, it'll be right by my Grandparents!!!! YIPPEE SKIPPITY!!!!}

0 comments: