Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oh the JOYS of HAIR!

Do ya'll remember the last time I got my hair done??? It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I ended up LOVING it! This is how it looked just a few weeks ago ...

It faded SUPER fast & ended up being pretty much BLONDE.
I was ready for some more red & blonde highlights to be put in again.
I decided to try some place "new" ... mainly cause where I DO go is FAR away ... like a 45min drive. I really like my hairdresser just sometimes wish is wasn't so far away!
Well, here's how the red & blonde highlights turned out with the "new" hair dresser ...

YEP, P-I-N-K!!!
She felt HORRIBLE!
She immediately told me the NEW plan for my hair.
She'd dye it dark with blondish highlights.
After dying it that way the blondish highlights were still PINK, so the WHOLE hair needed to go DARK!

I wouldn't of EVER done this on my own, but I am LOVING it!
It's been a good change & luckily it's that time of year that EVERYONE goes darker, so I don't feel outta place.
I still get a little thrown off when I look in the mirror & when people stare at me as I walk by, but I truely do LOVE IT!
---------
The other stressful part about this night is I had to get a babysitter cause Alan had to work at a side job & I was DESPERATE to look good again. Well, 5 hours of dying my hair was NOT what I expected & I felt TERRIBLE for the little Beehive, aka 12 year-old girl, I had watching my kids who got home at 11pm on a SCHOOL NIGHT!!!!!
ugh, ugh!
---------
Now, the problem-o is not hurting anyones feelings ... I really don't wanna go back to the new hair dresser NOT just because of the color issue, but I just really LOVE my other one & realize I like how she knows EXACTLY what I want without much explanation ... BUT the "new" hair dresser is a really good friend! --- ugh --- Lesson learned: Don't go to FRIENDS that you have to see EVERYDAY! :)
{p.s. since this picture I cut my OWN bangs shorter cause she just didn't do them short enough for me.}

4 comments:

Anna said...

I LOVE the dark on you. Makes your eyes look so pretty! And I want your scarf... that is all! :-)

Jamie Lamb said...

Your hair looks great! I love changing hair colors too. I have no idea what my "natural" color is anymore. It seems to get darker the older I get. You look beautiful!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Solution? Shave your head. Then you won't have to worry about hurting anyone's feelings AND the color won't be an issue at all.

The Berg's said...

I had a my neighbor cut my hair and immediatley came home and re-cut it right. Now she sees me everyday with different hair! Whoops!