Sunday, October 9, 2011

St. George Marathon ---

---#2 --- for BOTH of us!

Now this marathon is not represented very well in pictures because ... well ...

WE WERE BOTH RUNNING IT!!!!

We dropped of our kids at the in-laws Friday afternoon & headed down to St. George.

It was a LOVELY drive just chattin' it up!

{no kids to take care of or listen to ... once in a while that is SOOOOO, SOOOO NICE!}

We drove straight to the EXPO to get our packets.

Then we headed to the good 'ol OLIVE GARDEN to eat us some PAAAA-STA!

{all you can eat paaaa-sta for only $8.95 good timing Olive Garden, GOOD timing!}Then we headed to our lovely house that we got to stay in ...
{it was a house of someone Alan's little brother knows ... SWEET!}
This house was N-I-C-E!
Like don't touch ANYTHING nice!!
It was SOOOO, SOOOO nice of the Nielson's to let us stay here!
THANK YOU!!
We slept the measley 5hours we had until about 3:15am ... YEP, you read that right!!!
We got up, ate, got dressed & ready to go.
We borded the EARLY BIRD bus & got up to the start nice an EARLY!
Then we could be prepared for ANYTHING ... RIGHT BABE? ... RIGHT!!!
They handed us cheap gloves & an emergency blanket upon exiting the buses ... HEAVEN!!!
{it was a chilly morning & those blankets/gloves were nice to have ... I guess there was ONE perk to getting up so blasted EARLY! ... LOVE YA BABE!}
Alrighty onto the R-A-C-E ...
Alan agreed to run it with me ... WAHOO!!
It was a fun to have him right next to me cheering me on the WHOLE way!
It was a ROUGH RACE for me ... I had stomach issues & got to stop EVERY blasted 24 miles to use the port-a-potties ... UGH!
Luckily they had them EVERY mile!!!
I wanted to quit before mile 13!!!
Luckily my Hubby wouldn't let me! He kept me going!
YES I CRIED, but he still wouldn't give in.
Once MY goal time passed me up ... about mile 18 I wanted to STOP ... AGAIN!
Tears in-sued, but,
Once again my Sweetie Pie kept me GOING!
At mile 24-26.2 I refused to STOP at the JOHNS ... maybe it made me SLOWER, but I was SICK of stopping!
We FINISHED!!!
All 26.2 MILES ... YIPPITY-SKIPPITY!
It was AWESOME to run through the finish line TOGETHER!
Yes, I cried AGAIN!
I love running with him!
{we did end up seeing a spectator we knew who took a PHOTO of our finish ... hopefully we get that SOMEDAY! I will post it ... if it's not HORRID ... well, I'll probably post it ANYWAY because this is MY journal. :)}
We hung-out in the finish area for about an hour.
My stomach still had MAJOR issues so I got to watch Hubby pig out on all the goodies ... BUMMER!
We headed back to the MANSION, SHOWERED, & rested for the next couple of hours.
Ahhhhhh ... it was OVER ... yaaaaa!
Then we packed up & said our farwells to St. George ... it was a N-I-C-E weekend!
Unseasonally HOT, but I liked the last little HORRAH of SUMMER!
On our way outta town we stopped by FIVE GUYS ... nothin' like a BURGER & FRIES to make-up all the calories we just burned ... MMMMMMMM!
{luckily my stomach was a little more settled so I could ENJOY the GOODNESS!}
We drove from St. George to the in-laws in South Jordan & spent the night there!
It was NICE to sleep that night ... we were sore & didn't sleep wonderfully, but at least we didn't have to get up at 3AM!
SOMEDAY I WILL DO ANOTHER MARATHON ...
even though I hate them during the running part of it.
It's accomplishing to FINISH!
I KNOW I CAN FINISH!
So, when you see me in my sleek little car with my PINK 26.2 sticker on the back, know that YES, I am PROUD to say ...
"I am a MARATHONER!"
{nothin' wrong with THAT!}




3 comments:

Anna said...

You are amazing---for real... a marathon? that is just insanity! I could never do something like that... although, I've always wanted to... :-) how long does it take to train for those things by the way?

Jamie Lamb said...

Good for you!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Crazy crazy crazy crazy!