Tuesday, May 10, 2011

!!!!!SCARY!!!!

***WARNING: this blog is for ME! I am NOT writing this post for sympathy, just to record the thoughts on my mind.***




This lil' guy gave me the BIGGEST scare of my life yesterday!!!Yesterday evening we were enjoying FHE at my Mom's, we took her dinner & her lil' present yesterday cause we didn't make it on Sunday cause that's MY day ... hehehe. Anyways, we were enjoying our FHE treat of Rice Kripy treats. Kye had had his FAIR share, so I took him away from the scene of eating & tried to put on his Jammies. Of course he was FURIOUS about having to put on his jammies & began to throw his usual GINOURMOUS fit.


These fits happen often times when we are trying to change him. They contain many minutes of him not breathing because he is CRYING so hard. Well of course this was the case yesterday. I thought of it as completely normal cause it always happens.


As I picked him up to put his arms in his sleeves of his jammies he all of the sudden went COMPLETELY limp. I tilted his head back to find his eyes rolling to the back of his head & him being non-responsive.


SCARY!!!!


My Dad & Mom rushed over as I went into PANIC mode!! They grabbed him from me & my Mom took him over her arm & pushed gently, but rythmically on his chest. I think he might've had some rice kripy treat stuck in his throat & then his tantrum lead him to PASS OUT!


He was not breathing for less than 30sec, but those were the SCARIEST 30sec of my LIFE!!! When he did start breathing it wasn't like he got a HUGE breath & started crying, he just slowly started breathing more & more normal. He cuddled up to my arm & just LAID there. His color was a greyish/yellow & he totally didn't look right.


Then for the next hour or so we tried to get him moving. We gave him a bath, let him play with toys, gave him a preisthood blessing, & held him. Slowly but surely his color started going back to normal ... pinkish/peach.


I was so comforted to hear the sweet blessing Alan gave him. I was comforted to have family around me to tell me he'd be ALRIGHT!!!!


I will never forget holding a LIMP little boy ... SCARIEST thing EVA!!!!


I will DEFINENTLY hold my kidd-o's A lil closer to me!!!!


I Love 'Em ALL!!!!


6 comments:

Anna said...

Ah! So scary! I have a friend whos kids always pass out when they cry too hard. So weird but it happens a lot to them... just not getting enough air. One time we were all at a restaurant and her boy started crying and passed out so I know---second hand I guess... how SOOO scary it is!

Anonymous said...

That is TERRIFYING!! Poor little kyser:( Give him kisses for me and Blakie!

sanpinney said...

That is so scary, glad he's okay. Me & my twin sister used to do that when we were babies all the time, I can't imagine how scary that would be for a mother.

Charisse said...

Poor little Kye! Poor YOU too! I know how awful that feeling is. Glad he is ok!

Jamie Lamb said...

I'm glad everything is ok. It really is scary how fragile life is. Hold those babies close!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Oh Amber, I can't imagine how awful that would have been! I'm glad mom was there to take action. I worry that if something like that ever happened to me, I'd be too afraid to do anything. I'm so glad he's okay:)