Tuesday, May 24, 2011

26.2

Yes, about 6 months ago I went CRAZY!!! Yes, Completley CRAZY!!!!!

My friend, Anna, & I tried to get into the Ogden 1/2 Marathon like our other 2 friends, Liz & Megan, but it was already SOLD OUT!

We were both really bummed about the WHOLE thing.

The next day we both texted back & forth about running & such & Anna brought up that we could sign -up for the FULL MARATHON.

For some reason this thought had crossed my mind in the previous 24-hours, but I didn't say anything until Anna brought it up. Yes, we both agreed that if we did it together we could DO IT!

CRAZY!!!!

We started our training in December.

It was fun to do LONG runs together along with Liz & Megan.

It was fun to have "GIRL TIME" & not spend $$$ doing it!

We had a LOT of fun talks, worked throught a LOT of frustrating runs, had a few injuries/falls & finally reached May 21st the day of the race.

WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!!!!

That Saturday started for me at 3am!

I got ready, ate breakfast, made MANY bathroom runs, & my ride was here to get me about 4am. We picked up 2 other people & headed to the finishing line to catch buses to the starting line. We ended up getting a SWEET Coach bus, instead of a SCHOOL BUS like most of the runners cause there was some EXTRA Coach buses ... What a PERFECT ride!!!

We got to the starting line at 6:30am & started the race just after 7am.

The first 9 miles FLEW by!!!!!

I felt really good & we were doing 8-9 minute miles ... BIG MISTAKE!!!

I started out WAA--AY too fast for me!

At mile 10, Anna was having a HARD time & needed to stop & stretch A LOT & didn't want the pressure of me holding her back. I felt bad, but she convinced me to leave her ... :(

At half way, 13.1, I knew Alfie would be there to cheer me on.

I made it 1/2 way!At mile 14 the 2 hills of the whole course HIT!

They were HARD, but I ran on.

At Mile 17 -19 I REALLY wanted food!!!

I was feeling fatigued, tired, & shakey ... I knew if I could get some fruit in me I'd be good!

Mile 19 I finally got 2 oranges ... Mmm, good, but my sticky hands irratated me!!

Mile 19 I thought to myself ... "If I run I have just over an hour left, if I walk I have a lot longer! Just keep running, Just keep running!!!!"

I said this same phrase to myself at EVERY mile after that!

It was NOT an easy run!!

The "DOWNHILL" of Ogden Canyon did NOT feel downhill AT ALL!!

My HAMSTRINGS were ON FIRE!!!!!!

My legs were EXHAUSTED!!!

At mile 23, I thought, "only a 5k ... I can do this" BUT it was the HARDEST 5k of my LIFE!!!!!!!
I have UNDER a mile in all the rest of these pictures!

I only smiled for Alan cause I was just glad to see him!

I thought he would be closer to the finish line than he was! :(

I am happy to say that I DID my VERY BEST!!!

I did it practically by myself, which NONE of my long runs I had done!

(i did wish that ANNA was by my side to help me like on all our other runs!!!)

I ran the whole time, expect through aid stations which I would walk through while consuming water, gu, oranges, & gatorade.

I did NOT have a GOOD run, but I did finish & I reached my goal of getting around 4:30:00!!!

My official time was 4:26:06!!!

It is an accomplishment I am proud of, but I don't write this to BRAG!

I just wanna remember how I felt & how it went!

----

Yes, I did another CRAZY thing I am regretting!!!

I signed up for the lottery for the St. George Marathon, before this Marathon, thinking there was NO WAY I would get in ... Well, I got in!

I can't say I am OVER-JOYED!

I seriously wish I didn't have to THINK about running another Marathon in MY LIFE!

But, I do!

I am so SORE, STIFF, & ACHEY right now, but I will do another marathon & hopefully I will be able to do just as well, & feel better about the race in general!!!

RECOVERY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! :)

-----

This is Anna & I after the Marathon ...

She finished just 15min after me!

We BOTH did it!

(also, Megan ended up switching with someone & ran the full "with" us, she's FAST & got 3:57:00. Liz ran the 1/2.)

I am looking forward to doing long runs with friends again!

It really has been so much fun to be able to chat it up & learn so much about these FABULOUS Girls!!!!!

6 comments:

Charisse said...

I didn't know you signed up for St. George! Is that in October? Fun fun!!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Good job!! You are amazing!! All of you girls are amazing. What a great accomplishment. ;)

The Jones Family said...

You are crazy!!! But crazy is good, and you're amazing.

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I'm so sorry I forgot when your race was! I would have totally called to wish you good luck! I'm glad you made it through sista:) Luis says you're quite a hoss, which he calls me sometimes. It refers to Hoss from the tv show Ponderosa from 500 years ago. He's one of the big guys who is strong...so there's your compliment.

The Suchers said...

You are disgusting! Who the heck runs a marathon!? Well done! I could NEVER do that...mostly because I am lazy. :)

Belinda Madsen said...

HOly COW! You are amazing! That would have taken me four DAYS. Running makes it hard to breathe. LOL.