Saturday, May 28, 2011

Madsen Family BBQ

Last Sunday we had the treat of inviting Alan's family over for a BBQ. The REAL treat was that EVERYONE could come!!! It was fun to get together & visit & let the kids play. It's been a while since the last monthly FHE was on Mother's Day & we weren't able to get together with everyone! Plus it's always fun to be the HOST, in my opinion!!!

Alan planned it all because I knew I would be DEAD from my Marathon ... & I was!!! :)

We had Aussie Burgers ...

What's that you may ask?!??

Well, a Burger from Australia of course!

Alan served there on his mission & although him & I have tried to have them on several occassions it has never worked out, UNTIL the week before this BBQ.

So I did try them for the first time just 1 week prior to this Shindig, & let's just say I'm not a BEET fan!

The toppings for an Aussie Burger are as follows:

A burger

Pickled Beets

A fried Egg

BBQ sauce

Pineapple

Lettuce

I LOVE EVERYTHING on it except the pickles beet!

I was surprised at how YUMMY the combination really is (minus the beet of course)

,so don't turn your nose up to the thought of these delicious burgers until you try them!

Sadly I didn't get a photograph of the YUMMY food we had, but here's all the kid FUN!What are they all gathered around to see you may ask???!!!

The chickies of COURSE!
They were a HUGE hit among most of the kids.
(They might've been traumitized by all the commotion, but I guess we'll never know!!!)

Yes, Zachary LOVES Blackie
(the name has been shortened since the original name was given!)



We had such a good time & hope that we will be able to have many more Backyard BBQ's!!!!





0 comments: