Saturday, March 5, 2011

BIRTHDAY TIME!!!

The big 3-0 Birthday Bash!!!
My sweet husband turned that dreaded age, in STYLE & without really thinking twice about it.
He drove home from Washington on Thursday, & got here about 10:30, to this:Then we got to sleep-in a little bit, since our kids did.
{AWE, what a wonderful birthday present, especially to "an old man" like him, hehehe}
Then we opened up our window to this sweet message from a THOUGHTFUL neighbor:
{I think it really embrassed Alfie to have it up on our window ALL day long! I wouldn't let him take it off, but this morning when I got home from running, it was GONE!}
We spent the day visiting the TAX guy, turning in reciepts at his work, & other exciting errands ... WOHOO!!
After a little ciesta, we were up and playing games together:
Alfie did spend a lot of frustrating minutes doing this:
Bummer!!!
He has to keep his job going at full speed even though he's not there! It seemed as if everything that could've gone wrong DID, but he's AMAZING, so he worked through all the frustration & hopefully will arrive back at the job on Tuesday without anymore hiccups!!!
----
We had yummy pizza for dinner.
The kids helped me make Daddy a delicious cake
& we enjoyed the night as a family watching MegaMind ... Which we all LOVED!!!
It was the BEST time spent as a FAMILY!!
{something that hasn't happened in a while!!!}
----
Tonight Alfie & I are going out!!!
I can't wait to have a night away!!
Monday I am going to Washington with him ... for a WHOLE week!!
The kids & I are following him there.
It'll be nice to have Daddy at nights & on the weekend!
Let the celebrating continue!!
Happy 30th Baba!!!
{he's getting an AWESOME present, that I KNOW he'll LOVE, but I don't have it, yet ... I will post about it once he has recieved it}




1 comments:

Jill and Lonnie said...

Happy Birthday Alan!