Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SNOW!!!

At the first of January it had been a really long time since we had seen snow. My kids had been BEGGING me to go sledding, but with no snow that wasn't going to happen. Finally one Saturday we woke-up to SNOW!! {& lots of it!!!}

It was HEAVY, WET, EXHAUSTING to shovel snow, but my kids were STOKED!!! That's ALL I heard about was going sledding. So I threw all my "Saturday Plans" out the window & headed to the store to buy sleds. The only problem was: Daddy was outta town & I wasn't taking 3 kids to a crowded sledding hill by myself. {there's really only 1 hill anywhere near us, we live in a pretty FLAT area!} SOOOO ... I improvised & built a HILL in our front yard with all the snow I had shoveled off the driveway.

PERFECT for them ... PERFECT for ME!

My kids & I had a good 3 hours of F-U-N together!!!!

While we were buying sleds I also happened upon this LOVELY machine & just couldn't pass it up:It was muchly enjoyed THAT day & for MANY, MANY, MANY days after!







I LOVE me some HOT COCOA!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got one of those cocoa makers last year for Christmas and man do I LOVE it!! BTW Blake would like to come sled on your awesome hill! I don't think we've had as much snow as you have had this year...I'm kinda jealous!

Charisse said...

Wow! You guys did have a lot of snow! I'm so sad about this lame winter. :(

The Fergy Bunch said...

I thought you had the big hot cocoa machine???