Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Eve

This was such a LOW-KEY wonderful day!

We got to spend the WHOLE day together as a FAMILY & that was the BEST part!

----

In the morning we started off with Santa Pancakes!They were truely ENJOYED by ALL!

{I got this WONDERFUL idea off of pinterest & my whole family was impressed by my cooking skills. My kids ask for these EVERY morning. "Too bad it can't be Christmas EVERY day," is what Emma hints at breakfast.}

----

Then we did MANY chirstmas-y crafts with the kids while I made dinner.{I only got a picture of this coloring page cause my hands were dirty.}

----

Then we ENJOYED the feast that I made ... YUMM-O!----

After dinner we all decided about what "PARTS" we were going to play for the nativity.

It was fun to hear Emma & Zachary's discussion about Zach wanting to be an ANGEL.Alas he got to be the belevoed angel & everyone was HAPPY as could be!

It was awesome to read the story together & realize that my kids are understanding the REAL meaning of Christmas ... at least on Christmas Eve. :)

----

Then it was time for DESSERT!

This was an EXPERIMENT:But for making Red Velvet Cake for the 1st time from scratch I'd say it turned out EXCELLENT!

Yes, there are a few things I'd do differently, but it was DIVINE!

----

Then we opened NEW CHRISTMAS PJ'S!That was FUN!

We haven't done them other years, but ALL my kids needed new jammies this year so we did it.

I think it's a NEW tradition for EVERY year!

----

Then we read a few stories, left our milk & cookies, hung Santa's Key on the doory, & it was off to BED!The most GLORIOUS part is we had NO WRAPPING to do!

So we snuggled in our bed & "watched", aka fell asleep, a movie together.

{don't worry we did wake up once the show was over, 2-hours later, so we could put up Christmas, shower, & make crepes for the morning}

It was such an ENJOYABLE, EASY-GOING Christmas Eve!!

1 comments:

Charisse said...

Breakfast looks yummy-- especially with Comet on the side! Yum!