Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Grandma

I LOVE going to Grandma's House!

I have LOVED it my whole life!

It was always so magical to go & explore around the farm.

We had "the willows" to play in, countless tree houses to perch ourselves in, our beloved playhouse to play in, the ditch to wade in, TONS of feilds to tromp around, a bunkhouse to sleep-in, Grandpa's OUTDOOR kitchen to eat all our meals in, a HUGE yard to play in, & 2 LOVING grandparents to care for us!

What's NOT to love!!!!!!!!

After my Grandpa passed away when I was in high school the mood in the house changed, slightly. It was different to not hear his cowboy boots tromping around, & the outdoor kitchen hasn't been used nearly as much as when he was around, but many things have stayed the same!

My Grandma is still there pouring out LOVE for the both of them!!! & that is the MOST important part.

My Grandma doesn't go out of her house these days, but she is still vibrant & full of energy & insists on doing the dishes "to earn her keep" after EVERY meal!

I LOVE HER!!!

One of the many wonderful things she does is sit in her chair & tie blankents for all her great-grandchildren & great great-grandchildren!What a TREASURE it is to receive these blankets from her!

I'm always so amazed that she can finish SOOOO many of them to have enough to give to my children!

{each of my children have at least 3!!! obviously Emma has more as she's been around longer, but Kye is not yet 2 & has 3 sweet blankets!!! what LOVE!!!}

I have many blankets that she's done for me over the years, but I think the ones she does for my children have greater meaning to me!

As we were visiting her this last time I got to witness her sweet hands hard at work!

It is a memory I will treasure FOREVER!

There is so much LOVE in each stitch she does!

{As she hands stitch even around the edges}


To watch her hands continue to serve made me realize that I have a LOT to live up to!

My Grandma has NEVER stopped serving!

Her hard-working hands prove that to me!

I know my Grandma HATES getting her picture taken & would HATE to know that I posted them for the whole world to see, so DON'T tell her!!!!

I had to document my Grandma making her FAMOUS BLANKETS!!!!

I love you GRANDMA!!!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Thanks for your sweet hands that show me I have a WHOLE life ahead of me to serve!!!!

Thank You for all your WONDERFUL "Grandma Blankies"!!!!

My kids won't go to bed without at least ONE of these blankets wrapped around them!

I'm so glad they LOVE them as much as I do!!!!

2 comments:

Charisse said...

You are going to be in trouble if she finds out about this! He he! I do love the pics ya got though! We all love our "grandma blankets" too!

The Moore Family said...

Hi Amber. This is Amy Moore. Your husband was missionary companions with my husband Aaron Moore. Anyways, last week they went out to lunch together here in Pocatello where we live and Aaron got your blog! You have such a cute family!! We blog as well, wantsomemoore.blogspot.com. So check us out!