Monday, September 26, 2011

You gotta jump right in!

So after LOTOJA we came home for 3 1/2 days before we left for my Grandma's house for the weekend. I got this CRAZE one morning to RIP apart my pantry & paint it ... yah, COMPLETELY nuts-o!!! I tore into my pantry Tuesday morning, not really thinking about how much time I DIDN'T have!! Good thing I didn't think, or else I woudn't have done it, & I LOVE IT!!!!

So I cleaned it ALL out ---{yep, there was CRAP all over my kitchen! I did do a ton of de-junking my pantry too, which was nice to get rid of old food & useless appliances we don't use!}



Then my sweet Husband came home from work & sanded down the shelves for me.

The shelves had some kind of liner on them that was ripped out by the previous owners, which left sticky-yicky stuff all over the shelves for us. My husband asked me upon moving in if I wanted the shelves sanded before I put stuff on them, but at the time I just wanted to be able to unpack my kitchen, so I declined that offer. Now 5 years later I LOATHE that sticky-icky junk on the shelves, so OFF IT WENT!

THANKS BABE!Then onto the painting I went!

I could tell Alfie had NO DESIRE to paint that night, so I dived right into the project myself. Now we both know why I don't paint the house myself ... I STINK at painting, but hey --- it's ok --- it's only in the PANTRY!!!I left Thursday afternoon with my pantry in dis-array, so that paint could get a good drying after all the touch-ups. Sunday I came home to put it all back together with my sweet HUBBY'S help!!! {Gosh, I love that man!!!}It is ALL put back together with some added features such as this nifty-little-ditty that organizes STUFF so well FOR ME!& these sweet knobs that make my DAY everytime I go to grab an apron to start cooking!



I'm still looking for the PERFECT-O glass {well fake glass, but glass looking} door knob for the pantry door ... it's gonna be AWESOME once I find the right one!!!!

I also added my FAVORITE saying to the door, which I'm sure you will recognize if you read this blog often:


HAPPINESS is brought to me everytime I enter my kitchen!!! :)


I still plan to do vinyl on the walls of my pantry, but I need to talk to my vinyl lady & then have her to a cutsie little design for me so that I can add even more PIZZAZZ to my lovely cooking quarters!


This little pantry update was little expense, as I already had the paint from my bedroom, & white from some other project, for the shelves. I just spent a little money on the glass knobs --- yep, $3 whole dollars for the knobs --- SWEET, they were on SALE!!!! oh I love updates that make a difference to ME & don't cost my life savings!!!


Here's to happy FALL cooking to y'all!!!! I know I'm going to enjoy it!!!! :)

1 comments:

Jason and Audrey said...

so fun!!! good job. ps love frankie on the front door!!!