Friday, September 23, 2011

Lagan Zoo & other Shenanagians

About a week & a half ago my friend, Anna, & I took our kids up to Logan to the "free" zoo up there. {It's practically free, they just ask for donations at the front ... $2 for adults & $1 for kids ... yep, FREE compared to the HOGLE ZOO!!!} It was a cute, little zoo & NOT crowded at all!!! With lots of SHADE!!!

ahhhh ... it was ENJOYABLE for sure!We even let our kids feed the ducks/fish cause the food was only 10 cents for a HUGE handful

... yep, pretty much used EVERY dime in my purse, but it was SOOO worth it!After the zoo we walked right next door to a park that was full of CHARM & let the kids play to their hearts content!

It was a wonderfully, relaxing PERFECT time!Then we meandored over to Firehouse Pizza in Logan & enjoyed ourselves some Yumm-o PIZZA!! Mmmm ... the kids enjoyed a Peanut Butter & Honey pizza while Anna & I got our specialty personal pizzas.

This wasn't as RELAXING as it was NAP time, but it was still a fun experience!Thanks Anna for the FUN ADVENTURE!

-----

SIDE NOTE:

I had MANY, MANY, MANY promptings to STOP & get gas, but kept ignoring them for one reason or another ... kids sleeping, not one on MY side of the road etc, etc. I figured I had PLENTY of gas cause my gas light never came on ...WRONG-O!!!

Yep, we were stranded on the Left side of the freeway in Ogden.

Blessing for the day:

Daddy was working in Layton for the day instead of down in South Jordan like normal!!!

He came & rescued us!

I felt DUMB for running outta gas!

I felt even DUMBER when a cop pulled behind me like I was a criminal!

Yep, it's ILLEGAL to run outta gas ... I COULDV'E been ticketed ... LUCKILY I wasn't!!!!

Was so HAPPY once Hubby finally arrived!!!

We made it home safe & sound ... ahh!!

Guess I've learned my lesson ... gas lights are NOT reliable gidgets in cars!!!!

2 comments:

Katie Abernethy said...

Sad about the gas running out!
Amber, I used to live down the street from that zoo and park. We love Logan, and especially that area. Thanks for the pictures!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Is Zachary EATING the fish food in that picture?