Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Santa's Magical Elves

So last week along with Birthday Celebrations we had PINK EYE going around our house like MAD!!!! I have never dealt with Pink Eye before, and boy is it maddening! Just as i thought it was over the next person would wake up with it infecting their eye ... UGH!
Well, needless to say Emma had to miss both days of Pre-school because she woke up with it on Monday morning. Saying she was DEVASTATED would be an understatement!! She was VERY upset with me!!!! I went to pre-school on Monday and got her "homework" she would've done that day in class and did it at home with her. Then we made cookies together, and decorated them for FHE.
On Wednesday was a field trip and she KNEW it! She was EQUALLY mad at me that day because I wouldn't let her go. I decided that we would have our own field trip that day to somewhere we couldn't really infect anyone cause we'd be OUTSIDE ...
We went to see the ELVES at Gardner Village. Now, I think I have NEVER been to see these little magical elves before, so it was a treat for us all.
I packed the Candy Canes and off we went on a mighty fun adventure!We were even lucky enough to have Uncle Davey, Aunt Megan, and Grandma Fergy join us for our Field Trip!
My kids LOVED seeing the FUNNY magical Elves, along with the "WATER"!

They loved that even Elves go Camping and roast "Michell-os"!!!
{aka Marshmellow}



Zachary DID NOT want to leave because he just wanted to see the WATER, again & again!
Emma was sure there were more ELVES to see!
Kye didn't really care cause he had a sticky, MESSY, candy cane to keep him satisfied the WHOLE time!
Mommy was ready to go cause she was COLD!
Up in our neck of the woods we really haven't gotten much snow ... both my kids have been BUMMED!
We played in the snow on a FREEZING day in November, but since then our lame snow has been LONG gone. Emma caught a glimpse of the snow at Gardner Village and asked if we could build a snowman ... unfortunately there isn't much there anymore either. But she was determined to at least play in it!


She threw snow onto herself for a good 5 minutes before getting into the car to go home.
I was prepared to have WW3 with my kids when I told them we could NOT go to Grandma's because of our Pink Eye, but they took it in STRIDE! Which made for a perfect ending to our
FAMILY FIELD TRIP!!!!

2 comments:

tootsie said...

AMber you are a such a fun Mommy! love the idea! love ya!

Charisse said...

I hope we make it to see those little elves this year! I don't think we will take Davey though cause he looked kind of pout-y.