Tuesday, December 7, 2010

DeCoRaTiOnS ... UGH!

I LOVE having the tree trimmed, the lights on, the ornaments hanging, the nativity scene displayed, the garland hung, the stocking all in a row, but I DON'T like to do it MYSELF!!!
This year, I was totally not in the mood to decorate for Christmas, but I wanted it done.
I got in the crawl space, got out all 7 boxes of STUFF.
And left the boxes there for EVERYONE to trip over thinking maybe they would do it once they tripped hard enough.
NOPE, didn't happen!
I finally guilted my husband into setting up the tree before he left to go outta town again.
But that's ALL he did was set it up ... no fluffling the branches, no fixing the lights that weren't working, no putting on ANY ornaments, no stringing more lights onto the tree to fill in the spots where the light no longer work ... nothing else, but at least the tree was UP!?!
So, I came down one morning to this:My kids I guess had tripped over the boxes long enough, and decided to get in them to find the ornaments themselves ... JACKPOT!
Except I still needed to purchase and string on some more lights ... around ornaments not sooo fun, but do-able.
So, Monday I strung on the purchased lights around the ornaments that were already placed on the tree.
Monday night I had 3 HELPFUL children EXCITED and WILLING to help hang the rest of the ornaments ...FUN!?!?
We got the TREE done & that's what mattered that night!The best picture with ALL 3 HELPFUL KIDS!The next several days I slowly put up Christmas because I got sick of TRIPPING over boxes!!
Now, I am happy!
I LOVE all my decorations up!!!!!

6 comments:

The Noble's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Noble's said...

I am so JEALOUS! I have been dying to put up my decorations but they are in our Layton storage shed. I would have GLADLY put yours up for you! I absolutely LOVE decorating!!!! Most especially for Christmas. I'm glad that you were able to get it up and haul out all the boxes even though it didn't work out the way you'd expected. This way you got a cute memory out of it though! I hope you guys have a beautiful Christmas!

Charisse said...

What a baby! I never get grown-up help with Christmas decorating. (Maybe that's why it took me 5 days this year!) You know I'm teasing Am, it looks great!!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I agree with Charisse. You are SUCH a baby. I also had no help. However, unlike Charisse, I got mine done in one day:) I'm so awesome. Your tree does look cute though. By the way, is that a picture of Kye taking a hammer to some decorations?

Grandma Susie said...

So, that's what I did wrong....my boxes of decorations are stacked in the corner. I need to move them out where they can be tripped over! Your tree looks wonderful, Amber. Way to go little Madsen helpers!

Jamie Lamb said...

You have such cute little helpers. My 3 year old had to keep nagging me to get the lights on the tree...it took me 2 days just to do the lights on the tree. I ask myself every year why I don't just buy a tree with the lights already on it! Your tree looks great!