Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Six, Six, SIX!!!

6 Wonderful, Adventuresome, Lovely, Happy, Blissful, Amazing, Blessed, Remarkable, Productive, Busy, Meaningful and Fun-Filled YEARS Alan and I have been married!
I wouldn't trade ANYTHING!!!
We had BIG plans for this Anniversary, but due to some unforseen circumstances, cold weather, and life in general they didn't happen.
But Maybe, it was for a REASON!!!
We had a babysitter already booked, my sweet, sweet Sister Charisse ... LOVE YOU!!!, so we changed plans and had a WONDERFUL time together!!
We had a wonderful, un-interrupted Dinner together eating one of our favorite PIZZAS talking about US! Then we enjoyed Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and a night with NO INTERRUPTIONS!In the morning, we went for a 9 mile run together which may sound INSANE to some, but we have never been able to just go for a RUN together. It was fun to just talk and be motivated by such an AWESOME runner, in my opinion.We worked on some things around the house that needed to be done together.
And then that night we went on a hike ...
First through a CAVE, which I didn't really go in.
Alan explored it and is DYING to go back with the Scouts ... BOYS!Then we made it to the top of Flag Rock to enjoy each other ...And This ...It was fun to sit up there and watch the CITY come ALIVE in the darkness.
Then we RAN down the mountain in the darkness, without ANY accidents!!
I didn't fall ONCE!!!
We were going to go out to dinner, but I just wanted to get my FAVORITE guilty pleasure and eat dinner in bed, with my legs up ... they were definently SORE and TIRED from the day!
Alan choose a Cafe Rio Burrito:
And I choose a two cheeseburger meal from McDonald's:
Mmmmmm ...
The next day Alan fixed a few kinks in our car, and then we packed up to get our kids and headed down to Sataquin Canyon to do some Rapelling.
Kye loved being able to crawl around and I enjoyed the fact that he wasn't FILTHY, EATING DIRT or ROCKS, and was CONFINED!Emma has done this before, but wasn't too KEEN on it this time.One Time was enough for her!
We got a picture of our family, minus Kye ... like ALWAYS!!
Then it was Zachary's turn:
And boy did he LOVE it!!!No fear, for SURE!!!
Then Al and I enjoyed a rapel down the mountain together:
Crazy GUY!!!
And a Kiss SUPERMAN style:
I love this man SOOOO much!
I couldn't make it without him and I am so thankful he is MINE!!!
Cheers to MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY more years with him!!!
Love ya Babe!

4 comments:

Charisse said...

Fun fun!! I love Zach's face while rapelling! Too cute! Glad you guys had a fun weekend together.

Alyssa N Matt Royer said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You have such a cute little family, you always seem to be doing something fun. We need to hang out sometime.

Jill and Lonnie said...

Looks like you guys had a great anniversary with or without your big plans. I'm jealous of the Cafe Rio Burrito!!

Andrew and Heather said...

How fun! I am way jealous you got a weekend alone! That is the one disadvantage to living so far from family no one wants to take on your kids for that long except family!