Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day 101

This year for Labor Day we spent the weekend Camping ... in the FERGY backyard. This is a WACK-O tradition my family does, (which is probably the reason I even had the idea to camp in our backyard as you will see in a PREVIOUS post), but it's SO MUCH FUN!! This is actually the FIRST year the Madd-o's have actually CAMPED becasue in years previous it has RAINED, or I have been PrEgNaNt ... need I say more ... so it hasn't worked out. My kids LOVED the fact that we were SLEEPING over for more fun the next day!!!
We started off the fun with KITES ...
... No we didn't fly them, but we each got one!!!
Well, the KIDS did.
Then is was OFF to prancing around in GIRLS cowgirl boots:
Well, that's what Zachary had on his AGENDA for the night ...

At least until Lily found out and then SHE spoiled the FUN!!!
hehehe ...


We ATE yumm-o dutch oven potatoes ... MY ALL TIME FAV!! ... and TWO different kinds of YUMM-O dutch oven chicken.
Thanks: Mom, Dad, Dave, and Michelle for treating us to such a delightful meal!
We know you slaved all day cooking and we sure did appreciate the GRUB!!

Then it was onto the CAMPFIRE with lots of starburst roastin', s'more makin' and ice cream lickin' fun!
Yep, I did say ICE CREAM LICKIN' ... some how that all goes together as JUNK FOOD overhaul!!!!!


It was so much fun to be TOGETHER for the weekend ....
Hmmmm ... I guess Labor Day is the UN-OFFICIAL end to summer ...
I do have mixed feelings about THAT, but I am also excited for NO yard work, COOLER weather, and FALL/WINTER!!!!!
Ta, Ta for now SUMMER!!!
Side NOTE: Kye was with us, but just didn't end up in pictures because ...
he didn't, OKAY ...

3 comments:

Alyssa N Matt Royer said...

You have to be one of the funnest families ever. When I have kids I am totally coping all of your fun ideas!!

Charisse said...

Poor Kye, it was probably one of those "where's Ashley?" moments!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Yuck! I HATE your roasted starbursts. That was the worst idea EVER! I agree with Charisse, Poor Kye! I bet he really misses me:(