Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Move Over Martha ...

... STEWART!!!
Yep, that's right here I come ...
making my OWN laundry detergent & dishwashing soap!And it was EASY!!!!
Wanna know how???
Here ya GO:
Washing Machine Detergent
1/3 bar of Fels Neptha soap
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup borax powder
A small bucket (about 2-gal size)
Grate the soap and put it in a saucepan. Add 6 cups water and heat it until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups hot water into the bucket. Now add your soap mixture and stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel. Use 1/2 cup per load.
The supplies makes 3 batches.
One batch makes 1/2 of a 5 gal bucket.
Costed less than $10.00 for all the supplies = LESS CHEAPER than buying it!!!
Cha-CHING!!!
I LOVE the DETERGENT!!!!

Dishwashing Detergent
(Cascade)
Mix 1 cup Washing Soda to 1 cup borax powder
Use 2 Tablespoons per load
LOVE it!!!!
CHEAPER than buying CASCADE!!!!

And there you have it ... My way to save my family more $$$$$$$$!!!

3 comments:

Charisse said...

I've seen this before and just never gotten around to doing it. I think I might just need to do it!

The Suchers said...

YOu really are super mom! I am not so super, so I will continue to purchase mine. :)

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I'm with Megan:)