Sunday, August 29, 2010

EPIC Relay

***PICTURE OVERLOAD ... CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!***
August 13-14th Alan and I had the opportunity to run another race just like Ragnar, but put on by another group. It was called the Epic race From Cache to Teton. It was a BEAUTIFUL race and it was fun to be able to run another one with my sweet husband.
A BIG, BIG, HUMUGOUS THANK YOU needs to go out to both my sweet Mother-in-law and my Mom!! THANKS so MUCH for watching our kids for us, so we could accomplish such a fun race together!!! You guys ROCK our WORLD!!!
Here is our team vehicle with our Team name on it:
(Disclaimer: NO, I didn't pick the name or have ANY say in it!!!)
Here is the TEAM members that were in the VEHICLE with us:
Here are the names of the people who we were with:
(No, I didn't know any of them! Yes, I was the only ROCKIN' girl in this vehicle!!!)
Here's our Team #:
Alan was runner 6:
I was runner 9:
BEAUTIFUL, huh!?!?!?
After our first runs, some dinner, and making it to the next major exchange it was time to REST:
As much as POSSIBLE!
After about 2 hours of rest we were off to run our NIGHT runs:
The night runs we ran from about 12:30am, yes MIDNIGHT, to about 6:00am.
Exhausted, we immediately retired to bed!!
The next morning I woke up barely even able to walk because my feet had MAJOR blisters forming EVERYWHERE!!!
Alan performed some minor surgery, popping all 4 blisters, and bandaging them up for me ... TRUE LOVE!!!This is what my feet looked like after the minor SURGERY!
Off to RUN, again!!!!
Alan ran his final leg up a dirt road ... Beautiful scenery once again!I was so nervous and excited to get my final leg OVER with!
My feet hurt, and I was tired, but I just wanted to be DONE, DONE, DONE!!!
YAHOO, we FINISHED:
Our whole TEAM ...


Alan and I
Our Vehicle:
Yes, we made it to JACKSON!!!
Woot, Woot


It was a fun race to run!
I love being able to run with my husband there to cheer and encourage me on!
It was fun to be able to get to KNOW the people in our car!
It was fun to be able to accomplish another major race!
It's just fun to RUN!!
On a side note:
I somewhat HATE this sign as I am running!
It's good and BAD:
It's good to know you are ALMOST done, but the last mile seems to go on FOREVER!!!
The End

5 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

Great job! You two are amazing!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

That first picture of you running is great. You kind of look like a granny. I'm sure I'd look worse:) Way to run!

Amber Madsen said...

A GRANNY??!! That was the best pic out of them all!! The other ones I look like I am going to DIE ... Thanks Sista, I know I can ALWAYS count on YOU for the TRUTH!!! :)

Jason and Audrey said...

so fun, i'm glad you posted so many pics...they say a thousand words you know!
love ya!

The Suchers said...

I am applauding you on this as I sit and eat my bag full of cookies. Way to go! :)