Sunday, August 29, 2010

When Daddy's Away ...

We PLAY!!
and PLAY HARD we do, so that when bed time comes Mommy has TIRED, TIRED, TIRED kids who go right to bed, and so can she!!!
The 2nd week of August was Alan's LONG week at Scout camp. It's always kind of a BUMMER week for Mommy, but this year wasn't SO---o bad! (Mind you I have done this for 4 years now!!! EVER since we had a kid, Alan has left me for at least 4 days or MORE, to go to some kind of Scouting Adventure ... Can you say I am a little bit tired of it???!!!) ANYWAYS we had A LOT of fun this time!! We went to the Surf N' Swim pool THREE times, had a Breakfast Picnic in the PARK (which ROCKS my WORLD of park days!!!), had a swimming party with our COUSIN'S, and got to have Grandma come SLEEPOVER!!! It wore my kids right out EVERYDAY and I loved it!!
Funny story: the 3rd day at the pool I had SIX, yep that right 6, people tell me how brave I was to take my 3 little kids to the POOL all by myself. It made me wonder if I wasn't brave, but totally CRAZY!! I dunno, but it was FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
Kye enjoying the SUN!Zachary workin' on his TAN ... He's one TAN MAN!!Emma Struttin' her STUFF in the WAVES!All my kids and ME!
I love these shots --- PRICELESS!
We woke up normal one moring, quickly got dressed and packed in the car, and headed to get our Breakfast of CHOICE ... McDonald's.
Then, we headed to one of my FAVORITE parks ...
It's such a FUN park and there was NO ONE else there ... PERFECT!
My kidd-o's enjoying breakfast ...And then enjoying having the park ALL TO OURSELVES!
BTW: I have done this a couple of times since and I love it! We have taken our breakfast the other times (like fruit, bagels, yogurt, juice) and I know this will become a summertime tradition. We play for a good 2-3 hours and get to leave before it EVEN gets HOT and Crowded with ONERY kids!! PERFECT!!!!
We also threw another pool party in our backyard with COUSIN'S.


It was so much FUN to be with my kids! I think they truely had a blast! This is the first year that I wasn't miserable even ONE day! I was a happy Mommy, who loved spending all the extra time with my kids!!!
Can't wait for next year ... WAIT, YES I CAN!!! :)

4 comments:

Grandma Susie said...

Wow--you had lots of fun in the sun! I love the pictures.

Lindsey said...

How cute~ What a fun mom you are! Leave me a message on FB and let me know where that cute park is!

Jason and Audrey said...

how cute...yeah, I can wait until next year too! i'm a scout wife widow lady too...or whateveryou want to call it!

Tammy Faye said...

Good for you.......those summers you will remember forever! Good to have pictures so the children can remember them as well! Congrats on the run as well.....you Fergies have that running thing in your blood!