Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Eve 2012

This day could not of been MORE perfect…. I got to sleep-in, & then start on my DELICIOUS dinner.  This dinner is really non-stressful for me cause Ham & funeral potatoes with sides is so much easier to accomplish rather than ALL of Thanksgiving.  Plus my Madre was coming to my house this year for dinner & so she did the rolls… Awhhhh… it was a BLISSFUL day!!

I started dinner with Christmas Music BLASTING the house while SNOW, FINALLY, fluttered down…. & the best part….. IT. JUST. KEPT. ON. COMING!!!! :) PERFECT-O!!!!

MOST of our visitors got there early… good thing cause the roads got worse & worse!…. so we played some fun games with them. We also got to catch-up & hang-out with Megie & Blake! {we’ve missed them in TEXAS!!!}

IMG_1921  IMG_1922 IMG_1923 

Then it was time to do the finishing touches to “the dinner”.  Everyone chipped in & it went really fast!!!

IMG_1926 IMG_1924IMG_1927 IMG_1933

It was SOOOOO yummy…. I hope everyone enjoyed it!!!

IMG_1937 IMG_1946

After a lil clean-up we were onto our Nativity Play…. my kids were NOT wanting to do this, but after frustration from Mommy & a lil talkin’ to with Daddy, they were dressed & ready.  Sometimes having company around makes them lil stinkers, but we STILL love ‘em!!

IMG_1949 IMG_1951 IMG_1954 

Then we got to open CHRISTMAS JAMMIES & SLIPPERS…. it’s always fun to MATCH my boys!!! :)

 IMG_1961IMG_1976

We sang some songs together…. talked….. ate dessert…. & got ready for Santa to come…. took a lil nap, for some,…. & then it was off to bed for the Young-ns & we said goodbye to Megie & Blake for the night.

IMG_1979 IMG_1980 IMG_1981 IMG_1986 IMG_1988 IMG_1991 IMG_1993  After the young-ns were in bed…. but NOT asleep for the littlest….lil stinker!…. we prepped for our breaky in the morning….. {breakfast casserole & oven french toast… mmmmm}

  IMG_1994

It was so  nice to have so many helpers!!!  It made things much faster & the company to laugh & talk with was totally fun too!! Thanks for coming clear up here Mom, Dad, Dave, Megie, & Blake!!  The storm did keep 3 visitors away & we sure missed Den, Julie, & Afton, but glad they stayed safe down there direction!!!

At the first part of December Emma wrote a note to Santa & put it in the “MILK” cup that he’d drink from when he came to our house.  I never looked at it until after she went to bed on Christmas Eve….

IMG_2004

This GIRLY is so SWEET!!! I just can’t believe I’m so lucky to have her as MY daughter!!!!

Bring on SANTA!!!

ps….. good thing SOMEONE took a lil snooze earlier cause i remembered at 9:30 that night that Santa had told me I would NEED 13 AAA batteries for one of the gifts he was bringing!  good thing i married such an awesome man who would venture out on bad roads, to the ONLY store still open…. Kmart…. poor employs, but I’m glad we were able to get batteries from there INSTEAD of a GAS STATION!!!!

1 comments:

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I LOVE your rudolph cheese ball. How clever! Pinterest? Also, is the french toast oven bake good? If so, email me the recipe! It's a good thing you've got such a good hubby:)