Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Races, Races, Races ...

Wow, we have been super BUSY!! Througout the last month or so we have attended MANY, MANY races. Here they all are:

On May 8, Alan had his first Triatholon. It was the South Davis Tri and it was a fun event. Tri's are my favorite to watch because there are so many elements to watch.
Here's the pool:
And the Running. I missed him biking becuase I was looking for his clothing and he wasn't wearing what I thought he would be. :(Alan did a good job, but hurt his IT-Band just before this Tri, so it affected him a little.These are the 3 guys from our neighborhood that did the Tri that weekend.
Way to go BOYS!!



Onto the Ogden Marathon.
May 15, 2010
This was a scary race for me!! Because of Alan's injury to his IT-Band I was nervous the whole time that he was going to injure himself TOO bad by trying to finish this race. I saw him at half way and though for sure that he was done, but kept going. Although his IT-Band hurt from mile 4 on, he was able to run in a different way to compensate his knee pain and finish the whole 26.2 miles in 4hrs. 15min.
It was off his time he wanted to be at by 45min., but thankfully he was able to finish and didn't need surgery!!!
GOOD JOB BABE!
Emma did a Kid's K after Alan's Marathon.
It was her VERY FIRST race and she had a lot of FUN!
(Didn't run most of it, but once we got finished she said, "That was so fun Mommy, can we do another race??"
Of COURSE you can!!)



Here are the star RUNNER'S of the Day!



Daybreak Triatholon
May 29,2010
This was a cold, cold day!
First he swam ...


Then he biked ...Then he RAN!!Good Job!!!
These are the Buddies he did it with ...
Lon, Mike, and Alan
On Memorial Day I competed in my VERY first race. Yep, that's right I DID!!
It was a 5K that was just around Syracuse.
I loved it and finished in a descent amount of time.
I have greatly improved since I first started running in December and I am really starting to feel like I am ready to run Ragnar in a little over 2 weeks!!!
My sisters' came up for the run which made it all the more fun!!!
I love being able to run and feel so good afterwards!!
THE END

0 comments: