Thursday, June 24, 2010

!!!!RAGNAR!!!

I know those of you who know what this race IS and have NEVER participated might think ... WHY???!!! Well, it was one of the funnest things I have ever done! Now I am not saying that running 3 times in 24hrs on 2hours of sleep is EASY, but it was totally worth it!!!
So here's the JOURNEY:
First the GALS got together and "Decorated" the cars.
Here's the car I rode in:
Anna did a FABULOUS job decorating and I was designated the PICTURE taker, which I can totally handle!!!
Now the #1 reason I finally considered doing this race was because of this person:
Last October 5 couples from our neighborhood went down to Vegas and ran Ragnar down there. It didn't work out for me to be able to even tag along, and I couldn't run cause I was 8 months prego, so Alan did it being the odd couple out with another girl from the neighborhood. For some reason JEALOUSY overtook me and I was determined that I would run a Ragnar with HIM just so I could hang-out with him ... EVEN IF IT KILLED ME!!! Well, I am proud to say, IT didn't kill me and I am already signed up to do it next year ... YIPEE SKIPEE!!!
Here's the crazy group that we rode around with.
L-R Alex, Tom, Mike, Anna, Me, and Alan
Here's the GIRL POWER in our vehicle!!!
At our first resting exchange CRAZY Alan and Mike decided to take a little dippity-do in the lake ... FREEZING, but they loved it!!!
At night time we had to ALWAYS wear our reflective vests and ALL the time we had to carry our flags ... if we were out of the car. So we were prepared when dark fell upon us!!!Here's my 2nd run. Yes it was in the dark ... about 10pm, Yes it was HOT, and YES it was my hill run that I wanted to DIE on ... LUCKILY it was DARK, so I really didn't get to see what I was up against until I was doing it and it was still TORTURE!!! I made it!!!!This is Alan on his 3rd leg of the race. Yes it was BLISTERING hot, YES he is running up a hill that was 20billion times steeper than mine, YES he rocked the hill RUNNING the whole time, YES this is the hill the race is named after, and YES he's taken!!!! This is the AWESOME CLAN that was our WHOLE team!!!
It was a tiring race to say the least, but it was awesome!! It was fun to be able to do it with friends and just enjoy running and competing to some extent!!
I loved the race so much that I have ALREADY signed up for next year ... YES, I made it and WANT to do it AGAIN!!!
Here are my cute KIDDIES that met us at the finish with this darling poster they made!!
Thanks to my WONDERFUL Mom, Sister Ash, Brother Luis, and Sister Megs who ALL took care of my kids ... even their not so pleasant sickies!!! You guys ROCK and made it so I could run and not worry about my kids!! I LOVE YOU!!!
We got to ride the Gondolas down from the ski resort and my kids thought it was the best RIDE ever!!!

Can you tell in their faces their PURE enjoyment that their parents would take them on such an awesome ride!!!
So CUTE!! and PRICELESS!!!


What a trooper Mom is! I am sure she wanted to HURL, but she still wanted PROOF that she rode this RIDE of JOY!!!
Goodbye Ragnar ... Until NEXT YEAR!!!!!
Oh yeah, I still have another relay just like this one to look forward to in AUGUST!!
WAHOO!!
NEVER, EVER, EVER thought I would be cheering for such a thing ... WEIRD how addicting running can get!!!

2 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

I have heard about that race and I am pretty sure I would die if I tried anything like that. That is awesome that you can do something like that and want to do it again. Congrats on completing the race!

Heidi Brown said...

Good job guys! I wish I could run a half a block, but Kudos to you for being amazing!