Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkins . . .

As I thought about carving pumpkins with our kids this year I saw many people who let their kids paint their pumpkins and thought, "What a GREAT idea!" I really had good intentions to let them paint their pumpkins, but when it came time to actual do the project I did not have the energy for the MESS that would follow, so my children were allowed to COLOR their pumpkins. They thought it was great and the mess was what I could handle. Maybe next year the paints will come out, MAYBE!!Zachary LOVED to slide the crayons over to him, so that his sister would squeal with disgust because he wasn't sharing!!!Emma was quite the little artist, but was frustrated because the crayons really didn't show up on the pumpkin. As you will see later, she covinced her Dad to help her carve her pumpkin. . . I really don't ENJOY carving pumpkins, but think I should every year just for the fun of it. I have now decided that after 5 years of enduring the whole pumpkin carving scene I will RETIRE my skills and Alan will carve a pumpkin for ME and HIM!!Emma LOVED helping Daddy carve her pumpkin. She picked out the shapes for the face - - - Triangle Eyes, Circle nose, and a BIG HAPPY SMILE!
Alan whipped out the tools left and right to carve his pumpkin this year. Unfortunately I don't think we got a picture of the final result except on his phone. It was an AWESOME SCARY face!! Someone even asked if his pumpkin was Hitler and Alan was proud to agree it was!!! Our cute kids with their PUMPKINS!
I do love Halloween and this pumpkin carving scene is fun to attempt, ONCE A YEAR, but I just don't have the skills for it!
Needless to say, it will continue to be a fun tradition for years to come!!!!
Hey I can't be good at EVERYTHING!!! : )

1 comments:

Charisse said...

I think it's funny that almost everyone in our family hates pumkin carving! Zach looks bigger than Emma in the last picture!! HAHA!! What a cutie!