Sunday, December 30, 2012

December Fun…..

Wow, December is a BUSY Month that just FLIES right by without you even really knowing it.  I planned out some things I wanted to do with my kids this month & although I didn’t get them ALL done, I would say I’m pleased with what we DID get done!

First we went with Grandma Fergy to see the windows at Grand America hotel.  I really like going to see these windows.  They are pretty, it’s NOT CROWDED, & you get a treat at the end with lil to NO effort!

IMG_1809IMG_1811IMG_1814IMG_1815IMG_1817IMG_1818

After the windows I ventured with my kids to see the Santa at City Creek… he was in this AWESOME lantern display & it was Mrs. & Mr. Clause.  I thought the set-up inside was DARLING, but you couldn’t take you own photo….. LAME-O!  Oh, well, it was a fun time with my kids for a short lil jaunt at one of my favorite places!IMG_4132

We tried something NEW this year & went to Zoo Lights…. I LOVED IT!!  My kids were disappointed they didn’t get to see very many animals!  & it was FREEZING, so Kye complained, which he had reason too…. he has NO BODY FAT, & IT WAS BITTERLY COLD!! {i think we picked the coldest day EVA with the wind factored in} I wanna do this again another year & maybe prepare my kids in letting them remember we DO NOT see very many animals & HOPEFULLY pick a warmer night!

IMG_4300IMG_4304IMG_4303

It was awesome to see the zoo’s new exhibits & watch the sea otters INDOORS FOREVER!IMG_4306IMG_4317

I was lucky enough to have an AWESOME Mommy who came to watch my boys so I could help in Emma’s class for her Christmas party.  They made gingerbread houses & it was fun to get to see her creation & watch her interact with EVERYBODY!  She’s such a SOCIAL BUG!

She’s sad that when she goes back after being off track her good friend Caroline won’t be there…. but that’s how life rolls!

IMG_4329

IMG_4330

At home we made our own RICE KRISPY “gingerbread” houses.  It was a fun change up, & all that really matters is the GOBBS of candy you get to place on the house ANYWAYS…. RIGHT?!?!???

IMG_4374 IMG_4376          IMG_4371 

For the 1st time in 3 years I was on the ball enough to hand-out neighbor gifts. {we didn’t do neighbor gifts for the 2 years Al was un-employed for OBVIOUS reasons & last year…. well, ya know :)} I really do LOVE doing this, but if I’m not on top of it SOON enough it becomes too much of a bother for me.  So if I’m not in the right MOOD about doing it ….I don’t do it!!!  This year, it was fun for me…. We’ll see if I can be on top of it next year! 

    IMG_4331

0 comments: