Saturday, October 13, 2012

LOTOJA 2012

This is one race I have a STRONG love/hate relationship with.  It’s a fun race for people DOING it I’m sure …. but to drive all that way in a car …. BITTER/SWEET!  It conveniently falls on the weekend of our Anniversary …. at least I get to spend the weekend with Alan?!!? In a round about way & with other people & really it’s NOT my idea of a romantic getaway! Hmmmm …. I do enjoy seeing him accomplish this race … it’s a mind boggling race that seems so unaccomplishable to me, even with riding this summer!  I also think he is quite SEXY, sorry he is, to watch …. running or biking.  I like to be a moral support to him too & I wouldn’t miss a race, if he’s doing one … I guess I get that mentality from my Mom, but I LOVE it ---Thanks Mom for ALWAYS supporting ME!!!

So for the 2nd year in a row THIS is what we did:  SOME this the same as last A LOT of things different

---

Difference: New, FASTER, LIGHTER Bike

“Nice Orbea!” was what some fellow rider told him on one of OUR rides we did this summer & Alan was in rider’s HEAVEN … he LOVES this bike!!!IMG_1298Difference:

His riding partner --- Last year Blake was Al’s riding partner & he was THIS year until about mid-summer when He & Meggie made plans & moved far, far away from us ---:( It made me SAD not to have them there, BUT the show {Race} must go on ….

Luckily Alan had been training with a guy in our ward … so he just asked him if he’d want to do it & of course he did …. Enter Cody Cagle & his wife Amy …. at least it gave me an AWESOME person to hang with!!!

Same:

Alan rode the EXACT same legs …. I think he had something to prove to himself … I he DID accomplish the proving!!!  He slaughtered his rides & felt like they were MUCH easier on him during & afterwards!!!!

  IMG_1301 IMG_1305IMG_1302 IMG_1310

Same/Difference:

We got to see Grandma Wilkes just like we did last year, but this year we opted to STAY in Jackson Hole rather than drive back & stay with Grandma.

It was nice to just CRASH after Alan & Cody finished. It was also fun to feel like we were “getting away” for the weekend & staying in a nice hotel & be able to HOT TUB it afterward ---- :)

IMG_1311   IMG_1312 IMG_1315 IMG_1316IMG_1321

Difference:

Alan finished his legs in the amount of time, OR LESS, that he thought he would.  That made the “WAITING game” not so torture-some!!!

They finished in: 10 Hours  23 minutes 4 Seconds

They did AWESOME & it was nice to be done EARLY …. like 4 o’clock-ish!!!!

We showered up, got ready, & got some take-out PIZZA!!!  Ate it in our hotel room, watched some TV, & then FORCED the boys down to the HOT TUB where we chatted & Enjoyed the STEAMY, HOT water … well Amy & I did!!! :)

The BOYS were DEAD & ended our enjoyment EARLY, but at least we got to enjoy for a lil while!!! :)

IMG_1326 

Until NEXT TIME …… :) ….. Don’t know yet if I’m gonna ALLOW him to do it NEXT YEAR!! :)

2 comments:

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Yikes! Are you wearing an animal print bathing suit??? I hope I never have to see that in person:)

Anonymous said...

I so wish we were there too!! Blake was sad all weekend that it was going on. So jealous that you finished so early though!