Monday, April 2, 2012

The "surprise" weekend!

Sooooo, since Ashley & Luis, my twinster & hubby, had their sweet daughter Raquel they have told the family that they would be blessing her March 25th. I have always LONGED to go, but as the time got closer & closer I just didn't see that happening. :( {I was sad, but tried to get over that since we are planning on going to visit them in May. :) :) :)}

Then suddenly about 3 weeks before the blessing a thought came to me ... why don't I tag-along with Julie & Dennis, my brother & sis-in-law, since they were driving & just pay them for gas/my food ... PERFECT-O! I'm so glad they were willing to let me come with them & sweet lil Afton!!!! & the best part was is I told them NOT TO TELL A SOLE!!!!!

& it worked ... it was a total SHOCK to EVERYONE!!! :)

This was my back seat buddy ... as you can see she was so HAPPY I was there!!! We drove Saturday to Primm, Nevada & enjoyed this DIVINE pizza ... YES between us 4 we ate it ALL!!!Then the next morning we got up & drove the rest of the way to Rancho Cucamunga to see everyone. As we drove into the apartment complex my Dad had to come out & use Ash's car remote to let us in. Den had to speed pass him so he didn't see me in the back seat. Den & Julie parked fast & got everything they needed out before Dad could make it to their car. {i know kinda rude to leave Dad in the dust, but it had to be!} They walked up to the apartment & I waited back in the car until it was safe for me to walk up.

I walked as quiet as I could up to the 3rd floor. I could hear everyone in there so excited to see Den, Julie, & Afton ... I waited for the excitement to die down just a lil & then I knocked ... SURRPRISE!!!!!! They were all shocked!!! {I should've had my camera ready to capture all their faces!!!! It would've been CLASSIC!}

-----

It was so much fun to get to hold this lil one!!!

{look she even SMILED the first moment she was in her *FAVORITE* Aunt's arms!}It was also just as fun to get to see these 2 "in action" as PARENTS!!!!

{they are such a darling little duo!!! & such AWESOME parents!}The blessing was BEAUTIFUL!!!

It was wonderful to get to sit through church & not have to entertain my 3 wild monkeys!

I did get to "play" with lil Raquel & that was a DELIGHT!

Then after church we went home & feasted upon all this YUMMINESS ---

& it was YUMM-O!
I'm sad I didn't get a pic of Ash, Raquel, & I, but at least I'll be sure & do it in MAY!!!
-----
Thanks to the BEST HUBSTER in the whole wide world who let me leave him for the weekend!!! {he had quite the SUNDAY without me including: an allergic reaction, a child running down the street while he showered, losing 2 of the kids as they walked to church since he had to stay back with the slowest one, a child escaping up to play the organ {that has never happended with me there}, & things going absolutely bazerchoid at work ... makes him appreciate me --- that's for SURE!}
I LOVE HIM!!!
Thanks Dennis, Julie, & Afton for letting me hitch a ride with you guys! It was a fun roadtrip to tag-along with! & thanks for keeping my seceret! ;)
Thanks to my wonderful neighbor who took my kids for my Hubster when things went terribly wrong at work & he HAD to be there on Monday!
& finally: THANK YOU to everyone who willing SHARED Raquel with me while I was there for a few short hours ... I may have been a baby hog ... sorry ... SORT OF! :)
See ya again soon Moreno Family --- We Can't Wait!!!

4 comments:

Charisse said...

I'm pretty sure that is a grimace on Raquel's face, and NOT a smile...

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

I was thinking the same thing as Charisse:) I thought I knew what your secret was (coming in May), but it turns out you were probably talking about THIS secret in your last post. You stinker!

Amber Madsen said...

Whatever its totally a smile!

Amber Madsen said...

Jerk Sista, it's totally a SMILE!