Monday, December 21, 2009

Introducing Kye . . .

WARNING LONG POST!!
Kye is officially 2 weeks old today and it's hard to believe how FAST time flies. You think I would realize that since this is my 3rd, but it still seems to amaze me! He already doesn't scrunch his legs up ALL the time, we get a little more time to look at his deep blue eyes since they aren't always shut, he is constantly wrapped up in a blanket since it's been so cold (and I LOVE that part!!), he is STARTING to sort of fit into 0-3mo. clothes and out of newborn size, and he is finally catching onto nursing, although he is not a pro yet, he will be SOON!
I don't know why, but I like to read other peoples birth stories, so I am going to post a snopsis of what happened (mostly for my record!) . . .
I had started having contractions on Wed. Dec. 2nd and hoped that I would have the baby before his due date. Nope, that didn't happen. I had random contraction from that time forward, but nothing alarming enough to care about.
Sunday night I had regular contractions, but not extremely hard or close together. Somehow in the back of my head I knew I would have this baby in the next 24 hours, although I didn't say much cause I didn't want to CURSE myself!!
I woke up the next morning at 6:00am with frequent enough and hard enough contractions to konw this was the REAL deal. FINALLY!!! I stayed in bed while Alan got the kids stuff packed and took them to Grandma's.
He got home around 10:00am and by 11:00am we were checking into the hospital. After we checked in things went FAST and SMOOTHLY!! I was excited when it was time to push and it was 1:00pm!!
I did not get an epidural this time like I have with my other two kids. Why, you may ask? Well, many reasons:
1. Both times my epidural has never fully worked and I have been miserable because I was in pain and was not expecting to be in pain.
2. I have had severe back pain because of my epidural, so I figured it wasn't worth it if it wasn't going to work fully.
3. I wanted Alan to be more fully involved in my labor and not just sit in a chair and SLEEP!
Not having an epidural, for me, was a wonderful experience. I am not saying it wasn't painful, but looking back on it, it's just how I have always wanted things to happen . . . FAST, WITH Help, and a WONDERFUL RECOVERY!!!
Here is the picture right after we had our little GUY still in Labor and Delivery.
And YES, he was LITTLE!!!


Here's our WHOLE family together!!!
(I had come to the hospital with the knowlege that our kids would NOT be able to visit, but after being in recovery for only a few short hours and seeing and hearing MANY kids, I told my Mom to bring them. I was so excited and relieved that they got to come. I really enjoyed having them there, even if it was a short visit! I totally missed my kids, just like I knew I would!!!)


My Little Kye
Look at all that HAIR!!! Okay, it might not be A TON to other people, but BOTH my other babies have had NO HAIR! To me this was A LOT of hair!


Our LOVELY candle-light Dinner
It was nice to ENJOY this meal together. With Zachary we were in such a RUSH to go home, that this meal was RUSHED through, but still good!



FINALLY ready to go!
We had to stay in the hospital for 2 days because of minor things. Although I hate being in the hospital I tried to relax and just enjoy the quality time I was able to share with Kye and Alan. I have the sweetest husband who stayed with me for both days, although he didn't have comfortable sleeping arrangements! I LOVE HIM!!

5 comments:

The Noble's said...

How exciting! He's so adorable! Congratulations!

Jamie Lamb said...

Wow! No epidural...I am impressed. I guess I could maybe do that if I went into labor on my own. Glad he arrived safely. You are lucky that your other kids could go to the hospital to visit. Our hospitals don't allow visitors under the age of 18 because of all the flu stuff going around. Hopefully that will NOT be the case when ours comes. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Charisse said...

I can't believe he is 2 weeks already! Jared keeps whining to have play dates, so you should bring him down!

Grandma Susie said...

What a little angel! I am glad that everything went well. I am also glad that little boy Madsen finally got a name!

Erin said...

Congrats! He's beautiful. You have a wonderful little family.