Thursday, April 2, 2009

My April Fool's JOKE. . .

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL April Fool's Day with fun filled pranks that made people chuckle. . . I KNOW I DID!!! First I whipped up some "frosting" POTATOES to go with my "cupcake" MEATLOAF and this is what was for DINNER!!











Our Yummy Meatloaf Cupcakes with Potatoe Frosting!!!

Don't they look pretty authentic? Well, I at least fooled my 2 year old!! She was delighted to come for dinner when she saw what was on the table, CUPCAKES!! She was so excited to dig in, and I was excited to see her reaction! Well it was a big YUCKY once she realized it wasn't a sweet treat, but a healthy meal!! Needless to say I was smiling the whole time!!!


Look how happy she is to be having cupcakes for dinner!

(Now I think any kid would be thrilled to be having cupcakes for dinner, so I guess it was a pretty mean joke, but clever too!!!)




Although she wasn't excited about eating dinner once she realized what it really was, she still liked that the potatoes were pink and actually ate them pretty well. I might have to ALWAYS do this to her potatoes because she usually won't TOUCH them!!!

Alan wasn't fooled because he watched me make most of it, but I think I might've fooled him if he hadn't been watching!!!

Zachary hasn't been feeling too hot this week between teeth coming in and his tongue being bitten through, but he seemed to be fine with eating colored potatoes. Maybe next year he'll get into it more! It was funny to watch him pick up Jell-o on his tray, I guess that was his April Fool's joke!!!

- - - Oh just wait there's MORE - - -
This is dessert. . .



Fish Sticks with ketchup and Peas As you can see, Emma is pleased with this special dessert!! It's green starburst for peas, ketchup is strawberry jam, and fish sticks is wafer cookies covered in cornflakes.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did on that wonderful day that only happens once a year! APRIL FOOL's!!!!!!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are way more clever than I am, Amber! I love it:)

Cyndie said...

That is so awesome!! I thought about doing the meatloaf mashed potato thing, but since we usually eat without Bryan and Kinsey is not old enough to get it it was not worth my time. Maybe next year. I thought the dessert idea was so cute!!!!! I will have to remember that!

Kimberly C. said...

Very clever Amber!

henhouse said...

You are always so creative. I love reading your blog and know that we miss you here- in the nice, warm sunshine-not that I am trying to rub that in!

Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay said...

That is so cute. What a fun mom you are.

Amy Simms said...

You are such a fun mom!

Jill said...

amber, I'm trying to plan a get together for jesse's bday and i don't have your #. Will you call me asap? (801)380-7384. Thanks!

Jason and Audrey said...

You are so creative! Those peas look just like peas!! John and I loved reading your post! Also, next year, I'll get Jason good. I'm going to sew up his "secret pocket" in his garment bottoms!! Funny, huh? A friend gave me the fabulous idea!

Jason and Audrey said...

Where have i been?! I've missed 4 of your posts! sheesh! Now I'm caught up. Our camera has issues, so does our computer, I haven't retrieved any from my camera from our girls day. I'll email them if and when I get them off it.
love ya!