Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Goodbye Hogan. . . Hello Okland

February 5th was a scary and terrifying day for our family, or at least for me. Alan called me about 2pm that day and told me he was on his way home from work. I was excited to see him earlier than normal. He then informed me he was coming home with his last 2 pay checks. He had been layed off. I immediately burst into tears! It was a scary feeling knowing that our ONLY income was now GONE and our health insurance would be gone as well. Alan immediately got on the phone with every connection he knew and ended up getting an interview with Okland Construction for Tues. the 10th. Although that was a relief it was still along ways to wait to know if that interview would really produce anything. As Alan went to his interview on Tuesday he felt really good about how it all went. He also dropped off his resume to 2 other company's that were also very hopeful. At 3pm that day Alan recieved a phone call from Okland and they offered him a job. What a relief and such a blessing! He makes a couple dollars less than at Hogan, but after he proves himself he has the potential to make more. He started his job yesterday and is excited with what he'll be doing. We truely have felt the power of prayer in our lives and know that we have been truely blessed to be able to find a job so quickly in this rough economy. We were very strengthened from the support of our wonderful family and friends.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, that's awesome! (not about losing the job of course, but about everything else that transpired). So, will he be working closer to home now? I'm glad things worked out so well for you. I think that would be about the scariest thing for us because neither of us have much of an education background.

Kimberly C. said...

Wow! Glad things worked out for you guys. It is scary out there right now.

Andrew and Heather said...

That is so scary! My office just laid off 2 people last month of the 7 that work there but I was lucky enough to keep my job (pays to be related to the boss)! I am glad he got something so quick in this scary economy!