Monday, April 26, 2010

Dear Zachary ...

If you would like to keep your Mother SANE
And your life SAFE
Please, PLEASE, PLEASE stop CLIMBING!!!!Now I know what you are all thinking ... Climbing?? Climbing into THAT is not that big of deal Amber!
What you don't see is what I deal with ALL DAY LONG!
CLIMBING EVERYWHERE!!
I choose not to photograph those moments because I don't want him to think it's OKAY to CLIMB or FUNNY in anyway!!! He finds any little crack, crevice, or lip on anything and proceeds to stick his fingers, toes, knees, elbows, or any other body part in it, so he can then CLIMB away!
UGH!!!

On this particular day he climbed in this baby walker and couldn't get himself out.
I was busy getting ready for the day and figured if I left him there he wouldn't be climbing into any other messes. Plus, he needs to learn that if he climbs in he has to get himself out of the MESS!
Needless to say, he was in there just long enough to DOZE off to sleep ...
He hasn't CLIMBED back in there since, so I hope he evetually learns not to climb onto my STOVE, into the SINK, onto the WASHER (I have a front loader ... picture that climb), onto the COUNTER, onto the BBQer, or anywhere else.
Little Boy, PLEASE STOP CLIMBING!!!!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hilarious! The joys of having boys... :)

Charisse said...

Ah mom, can't a guy just have a little fun? By the way, Michaela was, and still is my climber. It doesn't stop, it just gets crazier!

Jamie Lamb said...

We have had locks on our kitchen and dining room chairs for a long time. Our little Justin loves climbing too. It is amazing the things they use to climb with. Good luck!

Jill and Lonnie said...

You'd never know he was related to Alan!