Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Candy Heart Trail . . .

When I was little, "Cupid" would come visit our house in the night and leave a candy heart trail for us to follow to the breakfast table. Sitting at the table was some little trinket, candy, or a toy that we got for Valentine's Day. I always loved this tradition, so I have carried it on with my own family. I do mine a little different because I am not such a morning person.
The candy heart trail usually appears after naps.
(This year is appearred once we got home from church)
Also, this year it went from the dinning table to their bedroom.
(We at lunch and then followed the trail upstairs for NAPS!)
Without further ado:
THE CUPID HEART TRAIL
Emma picking up her hearts.
This is the first year that she was REALLY into it and it was fun!!!
She knew what to expect at the end of the trail.
Zachary didn't really understand the whole concept,
but he was extremely excited that there were TREATS on the floor!
At the end of the trail both kids found a PIGGY BANK!
Our kids love finding $$$ on the ground.
It usually ends up being carted around in a purse, bag, hand, or mouth!
Now they have a designated place for the SPECIAL $$$ they find!
Since mouths aren't really the ideal place for such treasures!
Kye had a BLAST with his trail, as you can see!
He received a BUMBO chair that I am super excited for!
He likes to sit in it, and I know I love it!!
My SWEETHEART received The Office: Seson 2
and a heart felt letter from his Valentine.
From my VALENTINE I received this beautiful Pearl Necklace
and a CLEAN HOUSE!!
Yes, On Saturday night I went grocery shopping --- LATE, because I can't go with 3 kids and I have to go after I feed Kye and have enough time to run all my errands. After arriving home at 11:30pm I walked into a spotless house and was brought to tears! MY SWEETHEART cleaned the house without even being asked!! That is the BEST present that he could've given this TIRED, WORN-OUT, Mother of 3!!!
I love that he knows me so well!!
He knew I would love it and I did!!
Thanks Sweetie,
you are the LOVE of my LIFE!
I love Valentine's!
Since having kids we haven't had the NORMAL Valentines celebrations, but it's better that way! It's wonderful to be able to spend time together and do extra things to really express our love!
I love being TOGETHER to celebrate!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a cute tradition! I might steal that next year;) Love your necklace~ what good taste your hubby has!

Jill said...

That is such a cute idea that I totally want to steal!!

It's been way to long, we all need to have a get-together soon!!!

Andrew and Heather said...

I love that tradition! Your necklace is gorgeous!

Amy Simms said...

How fun! You always do darling things for the holidays. Love the necklace!