Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Visitors….

Taggart & I were lucky to have many visitors come to visit us both in the hospital & at home.   It’s always good to feel the love from friends & family.

On Saturday Grandma Fergy watched our kids, so she was the first non-immediate family to see us.  It was fun to see her & talk with her.  There’s always something about seeing your OWN Mom after you become a Mom again.  I remember being teary eyed & so grateful for all she’s done for me throughout the years!!  I LOVE YOU MUMSEY!

IMG_0595

Megan & Blake came Saturday night to the hospital.  It was fun to have the company that night.   IMG_0619 IMG_0620 The next day, Sunday, of course my kids & Alan came to visit.  They came about lunchtime, where we had a picnic in my room…. NOT ON THE FLOOR!  We also enjoyed reading stories, holding Taggart, & being together as a family of 6.

IMG_0630 IMG_0633 IMG_0642

Soon we were joined by Grandpa Fergy, Uncle Davey, & Grandma Fergy again.  It was nice to visit with them amongst the CRAZINESS of my other 3. 

 IMG_0646 IMG_0648 IMG_0651 IMG_0654

After my kids went home, Alan got ready to go to work, while Grandma Fergy got ready to take over again. Daddy stopped by on his way to work to enjoy us in peace & quiet.  It was nice to see him even if it was only a couple of minutes.

  IMG_0658

That night, Sunday, my good friends came for a visit.  I was grateful for their company.  I didn’t have to spend one night totally alone in the evening & I was so grateful  for that.  These girls are such good friends.  I wouldn’t know what I would do without them.  I’m so grateful I moved into this ward & met this wonderful girls who have carried me through the best of times & hard times as well.

IMG_0667

Taggart & I came home Monday morning & that night we got Grandma & Grandpa Madsen & Uncle Nate as visitors.  They came for a quick visit & we were grateful they came all this way to enjoy our new lil bundle with us.

  IMG_0741 IMG_0746 IMG_0748

Grandma Fergy came a couple of times throughout the next couple of weeks & I’m not sure what I would’ve done without her help!  Thank Goodness for Moms!!! (My sweet MIL was planning on coming out to help, but ended up getting a terrible cold & couldn’t make it… we missed her, but was grateful she didn’t come share her germs.)

 IMG_0846

My Sister, Charisse, & her sweet kids came out to see us shortly after we had Taggart. (They did try to come right after we had him, but we had sickies at our house & she has a new baby too…. our babies are about a month apart….so fun to have cousins CLOSE in age!!)  The day they ended up coming I got extremely achey & didn’t feel good at all before they came.  I took major pain meds & fell asleep.  I woke-up to kids screaming about cousins being here…I had slept for almost 4 hours straight.  I felt better, but my house was a WRECK & I was totally out of it.  Being so out of it made it so I didn’t take pictures like I normally would’ve.  I’ll have to get those picture as some point from my Mumsey, who also joined the Medicos that day.  They brought us a delicious dinner that night & we were so grateful!

 IMG_1005 IMG_0999

We also got a visit from my brother, Dennis, & his family. They were so sweet to come for a short visit amongst their busy schedule & also bring us dinner.    IMG_1037IMG_1042IMG_1039

I feel bad that I’m a spazz-oid & never thought to take pictures of 2 visitors AT ALL!  Audrey, Alan’s sweet older sister, came to visit one morning after she took her kids to school.  It was fun to get to visit with her while our 2 3-year olds played their hearts out.  I’ve always loved talking to her & I guess I just got caught up in talking to her & forgot to bring out the camera. :(

Also, Alan’s younger brother, Dave, & his family came to visit just this past Sunday & I never broke out the camera.  It was fun to get to catch-up with them & let our kids play.  Sorry for my slacker ways!!! :(

It’s always fun to SHOW-OFF our new baby & we are so grateful to have such wonderful family & friends who support us through all our endeavors in life. 

0 comments: