Friday, February 8, 2013

This Week with the Madsen's

This week we have
-built snow caves
-shopped for something NEW at RcWilley
-built birdhouses with our kids
-enjoyed the Super Bowl...me & the kids had a party while Daddy went with my brothers to Paaaarty!
-Kye has mastered "dressing" up in blizzare outfits
-Kye cried as Emma & Zach headed off to school Monday morning
-Zach, Kye, & I had lunch with Daddy at City Creek...i love that place!!!
-we've snuggled together & read a LOT of books...my fav thing to do!
-Kye slept in until 8:15 on Tuesday morning... He is ALWAYS my early riser,so I had to go make sure he was still breathing---i love watching my sleeping babies!!!
-Emma's ears are bugging her again...they were clogged...we were given a crazy expensive steroid ear drops that had cleared them up & now LIFE is too loud for her :(
Last, but not least.....
-Al had surgery to remove a swollen lymph node in his neck...it's been there since December...it's hard & not normal, so as our Dear Dr. Stock said, "it belongs in a jar...not a throat!" {Dr. Stock did Emma's tubes 1 year ago....we "know him well...or he knows us well!!}
Al's in surgery as I'm typing, so hopefully all goes well & the lymph will be nothing.!! ps....he's met his deductible....it's ONLY February....bring life on!!!
Life with the Madd-o's is GOOD! We are happy to have insurance & count our blessings that "all these" medical things didn't happen while Alan was unemployed for 2 years!!! We are blessed to have the life we do & such supportive family! Thanks Mumsy-Wumsy for coming up EXTRA early to watch & take care of our kidd-o's! Thanks for all the extra prayers in our behalf...don't be offended if you didn't know about this surgery...Al wanted it to be very HUSH-HUSH, so I respected his wishes...to some extent! :)
I am grateful for the way life plays out. It's amazing how I know I'm truly known by my Heavenly Father! Life doesn't just happen by coincidence...it truly is inspired by a greater power!!!
As in Gordon B. Hinckley's words... "it WILL all work out!"





























3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my sweet friend......thank you for sharing this with us....so now I can add him to my prayers that all is well.....for you AND him!
How scary......
I will be thinking of you guys...
LOVE your documented pictures of the week....:}

xoxo!!

spiffytiffy said...

Dear Madsens.....I was a little hesitant in having Nathan start our blog up again, but today I am grateful because it led me to your blog. We wish you the very best in whatever you find out. Our prayers are with you and know that Heavenly Father is aware of you and your sweet family. We will anxiously wait to hear what you find out, hoping for the very best! - Love The Millers

Brent and Anne said...

Yay for insurance! You are so positive! I hope everything is ok with your hubby.