Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ragnar Relay

What, another race you may say. . . yes oh yes! This past weekend Alan ran with 11 other people from around our neighborhood in the Ragnar Relay. There were 12 people on his team and they each ran 3 legs to complete the run from Logan to Park City. Alan was the #12 runner so I went to the finish line to watch him and his team run in. It was a ROYAL mess getting there as I had to park in Park City somewhere and ride a SHUTTLE to the venue. . . LAME-O. To say the least it was an interesting trip with 2 kids, one stroller, 3 umbrellas, a bag with snacks, and my purse. After 2 people's help, hitting a lady hard in the head with one of my umbrellas, rolling over people's toes with my stroller, and listening to 2 whinny kids who were hungry the whole shuttle ride I made it to the venue. I met up with Alan's team and hung out for a little while. We walked to the finish line just in time for the RAIN to POOR down on us. I then had 2 screaming kids while I was trying to hold umbrellas to cover them and take pictures of the finish, so these aren't the best pictures, but they were all I could manage in the POORING rain!!!


Alan did such a fantastic job! He is such a natural runner and loves every minute of the race! Good job, Baba!!! Since Alan had so much fun running Utah Ragnar his team has decided to run Vegas Ragnar in October, so until then . . .

3 comments:

Nate&Bobbi said...

What a trooper! Way to support your hubby! I would have called it quits on the shuttle ride.

Andrew and Heather said...

What an adventure! My brother in law ran in it as well! I was out of town otherwise I would have been up there with my sister at the finish line (well the outlets more then the finish line!)

Jennifer and Jameson said...

Wow. That sounds like you had an ordeal! Isn't that about the way it goes sometimes though? That sounds like a regular outing for us! I'm glad they had fun!