Monday, August 10, 2009

Backpacking in the Uintah's. . .

Last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Alan went on a backpacking trip to the Uintah's with the High Adventure Scouts. I watched him get all packed up with his food, cooking gear, clothing, personal items, tent, and sleeping bag and was not envious at all that he was going camping!! I'm not sure packing EVERYTHING I need to survive for 3 days on my back is my kind of camping, but Alan insits that one of these summers when I'm not pregnant or nursing we WILL go backpacking. . . I say WE WILL SEE!!! His pack was almost an EXTRA 50lbs. I guess considering all he was carrying that wasn't much, but still a considerable amount to carry on your back.
Alan had an absolute BLAST on the trip and that's ALL that matters. He got home Saturday night and immediately started packing to leave Monday morning at 4am for a week of camping with the 12-13yr. old scouts. Yep, that's right, he's gong again camping!!!
I hope he has a wonderful time and can't wait for him to be back home for more than 24 hours to help me with the kids and house stuff!!!
Next time he goes camping it will be with his family in a nice, comfortable trailor!! I can't WAIT!!!!

0 comments: